Bug? Display bug? "AhrT"? [*** SOLVED ***]

Started by New KID On The Block, October 06, 2014, 09:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New KID On The Block

Hi.

I don't think I've seen "AhrT" before. Has anyone else?

I'm wondering if this is another bug. I've had the KID lock up on me once before. I couldn't do anything -- move from one menu to another or display anything but the menu that I was on. I was still charging but the menu/display was completely locked up. I had to disconnect from PV and battery to completely power it off then start it up again. Hasn't happened again, so that "bug" is not easy to replicate but today I saw this "AhrT" which I don't think I've seen before. Just confirming with others here. 

Resthome

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

New KID On The Block

Quote from: Resthome on October 08, 2014, 07:41:38 AM
AMP Hour Total

ah! That makes sense! Thanks Resthome for clarifying this mystery.  ;)

I saw it again last night and it was around the end of the sunlight day.

boB

Now, in the MNGP for the Classic,   "AH-T"  means Amp Hours Temperature adjusted...

i.e., the battery capacity modified by the battery temperature.

If you have the battery capacity set to change by 1% per degree C, then
a 100 amp-hour battery will be 105 amp-hours of capacity at 30 degrees C
if its reference temperature is the typical 25 degrees C.

I will now have to talk with Mario to see if this is what you are talking about for the Kid.
I can't remember and he had to leave early today.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

New KID On The Block

Quote from: boB on October 08, 2014, 07:39:11 PM
Now, in the MNGP for the Classic,   "AH-T"  means Amp Hours Temperature adjusted...

i.e., the battery capacity modified by the battery temperature.

If you have the battery capacity set to change by 1% per degree C, then
a 100 amp-hour battery will be 105 amp-hours of capacity at 30 degrees C
if its reference temperature is the typical 25 degrees C.

I will now have to talk with Mario to see if this is what you are talking about for the Kid.
I can't remember and he had to leave early today.

boB

Thanks boB.

I'll be interested to see what Mario says. However, I think in this instance, Resthome is probably right about it being Total Amp Hours generated for the day before it goes into RESTing mode for the night.

It's too bad the KID doesn't hold this value for the night. It resets too early -- IMO -- to 0; I would miss this info if I were out all day and didn't get back home late.  It would be nice if future firmware could update to hold this value for the evening before resetting in the morning. 

Bunkie314

I noted this on earlier version of the kid firmware and made a comment.  The "T" gets carried over from another display.  I would bet your kid was in Float MPP"T". Or that is what I observed.
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install

New KID On The Block

Quote from: Bunkie314 on November 02, 2014, 05:34:12 PM
I noted this on earlier version of the kid firmware and made a comment.  The "T" gets carried over from another display.  I would bet your kid was in Float MPP"T". Or that is what I observed.

Bunkie314, that's quite possible. I haven't seen AhrT lately. I check in the evening times when I get a chance to see if it shows AhrT everyday but it does not. So it's quite possible it's bleeding over from another screen. Thanks for your input.

New KID On The Block

I've isolated when the AhrT appears.
It shows up exactly at the time the KID goes from ABSORB to FLOAT. If the KID flickers back and forth between ABSORB and FLOAT, the AhrT also flickers between Ahr and AhrT.

It seems to let the user know how much Ahr the KID produced for that particular day before hitting FLOAT for the day.

Mario?

boB

AHA !  I'll let Mario know this tomorrow if he doesn't already know now.

The Classic remote has had similar problems in the past.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me