OLD REPLACED WITH 0.3.15 BETA Beta version of the Local App version 0.3.13

Started by Halfcrazy, February 17, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

Ryan,
What about releasing the source code for the local app?
Some more eyes on the code might progress the debugging efforts.. :D

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

The source code will not be released as there is to much proprietary info in there. The good news is that it is Modbus and anyone that unhappy with the App can make their own monitoring system. This is an easy thing to do (Well maybe if you are good at it, I am not) for some I am told. The issue with releasing the code is the man hours and expense we have in it to just give it to anyone who speaks modbus for there use. There is lots of work behind the scenes to make this stuff work across multiple platforms not just the Classic.

As an example a buddy of mine wanted to dabble in his programming mind and built this simple yet effective Classic monitor in a few days. He is adding a 3rd Classic and will tune it up when done but it just shows what is possible with modbus. He will also be adding some other devices to it as he moves on, things around his house that he wants to monitor and or control.

http://kb1uas.com/HighVoltage/StatusMonitor/StatusMonitor.html

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Thanks Ryan,I didn't realise there would be proprietry code in the local app, i though it was merely an AIR application program with some Modbus register reading and writing.
I thought that with the source I could get a couple of my company's application programmers (who use the Adobe runtime environment) to eyeball the code and see if they can assist.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Lya72

Hi,

This morning, an update error, linked to the Beta version ????

Yann

PS : Ryan, your friend had access to the latest Modbus specification that Bob promises one year ago ?? (Yes I found that by diving in the forum ).

The difficulty for us, is that when we start a developping session, we don't know if the errors came from the product, the lack of documentation, the errors in the documentation, OR just our little coding knowledge.
So, we are wasting a lot of time, during the night, after our works days.

Yes, I wan't to cooperate, but on good bases.
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

TomW

Lya72;

Remember, there is an "offset" (+1 ?) when accessing registers via Modbus. As in you want to read 4115 you request 4116. Or something similar.

I use the serial port data so it is not an issue.

Personally, I am no fan of Modbus so I just decided not to use it. Support and documentation on modbus is just so lame I gave up on it. In my situation I do not need to rely on it so I don't.

I use the register data from the Classic Manual PDF for what each register represents. Perl, awk and sed  to extract and format the info I want displayed on a web page with Apache2. I think you could write register data to the Classic via the serial port but I am not concerned with that. Yet.

So I just wanted to mention that offset thing that boB pointed out some time ago.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Yes, the +1 thing can definitely screw things up.  I never quite understood that part of modbus.

The update error that Yann posted has something to do with the local app and not modbus or
the Classic itself.

BTW, I am working on the modbus spec to update it.  Main status registers like voltage and current
have not changed.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Lya72 on February 19, 2013, 12:46:07 AM
Hi,

This morning, an update error, linked to the Beta version ????

Yann

PS : Ryan, your friend had access to the latest Modbus specification that Bob promises one year ago ?? (Yes I found that by diving in the forum ).

The difficulty for us, is that when we start a developping session, we don't know if the errors came from the product, the lack of documentation, the errors in the documentation, OR just our little coding knowledge.
So, we are wasting a lot of time, during the night, after our works days.

Yes, I wan't to cooperate, but on good bases.

Well the funny part is my buddy had the old modbus documentation as well. He had to figure out the bad math as well. I will check and see who and when the modbus documentation will be getting updated. I have also passed this info on the error to Andrew. Did you just find it that way or did something trigger it? I have a new version of code that "Should" fix the logging issues. I will release it as soon as I know it does not do any real odd stuff. Give me 15 minutes to an hour.

Ryan

Lya72

So Ryan,

One hour after, it seems you detect one problem.

Maybe, I detect the same :

On version 03.13, there is an hour problem in the graph : It shows a lot of sun at 04:00 AM !!!!  (I know, I know, it's Midnight solar   :P

Enclosed the LocalApp voltage graph and mine voltage graph.  Don't you think there is more proprietary intelligence in mine ?  8)

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

dbcollen

Found a bug, under the config-tech tab there is no longer a menu box under "mppt mode"

Halfcrazy

What mode are you running in? The box to change the mode is under the basic tab and the advance adjustments for the mode are in Tech

Halfcrazy

Here is the Basic tab

dbcollen

running in solar-on

was looking to change to legacy p&o to test if that gets me more watts, that menu under tech is gone

Edit

sorry, ignore this idiot, I was confused where the legacy was apparently

Lya72

@Ryan,

The update Error came after my laptop came out of the sleep mode this morning and some minutes after the launch of the localApp.

The Day Graph and logs export of the day are in accordance, Hours are bad !
This may be the recording that don't take in account the current hour but think it was Midnight when I started the LocalApp at 05:55AM this morning.

This problem was already encountered when you stop the LocalApp for one hour in the day and there won't be a hole for  this hour in the graph.

Yann

TomW

Quote from: dbcollen on February 19, 2013, 04:58:56 PM
sorry, ignore this idiot, I was confused where the legacy was apparently

Db;

Too late, been actively ignoring you since we first met on IRC.  :o

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dbcollen