Local App BETA software version 0.3.17

Started by Halfcrazy, February 22, 2013, 06:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok here is the Beta version of the APP it is version 0.3.16 Ignore the "WEE" button on the minimize screen I am told it is a coming addition that does not work yet.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31975941/LocalStatusPanel.v0.3.17.air

Here are the changes in this version
- Added live update to graph
- default to today in calendar control
- default to bar graph
- Live data chart now handles hour/half hours much more cleanly (defaults to beginning of hour instead of midnight).
- Fixed a connection closed bug where writing data to classic message stays when connection is disconnected
- Fit the offline data columns to size
- Changing the date / time span on the live graph resets to 12:00 instead of midnight
- auto-range the kWh scale
- Auto Scale Power meter. (You can set the power meter to a 1kw Scale and it will bump up to 2kw if it exceeds 1kw for example)
- Amp gauge no longer pegs at 68 amps.
- Color selector is named
- IP Addressing done

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Things needed to be fixed:

*Insomnia shows up for most everyone when its not on in the Classic
*In Hydro mode under the Tech Menu the Minimum input voltage is off by a factor of 10. The Classic shows 1v and the App shows 10V

I did not add the disconnecting as I feel that is a Classic issue. Andrew is pretty sure he knows what it is and will be working on that.

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 22, 2013, 06:07:17 AM

- Amp gauge pegs at 68 amps no matter which classic is attached.

Ryan

Ryan;

Did you perhaps mean the Voltmeter?

I never see 68 amps but have noticed my voltmeter has not gotten above 68 volts so far today but it is kind of cloudy?

Haven't compared it to the MNGP yet. Will report back later if the voltmeter does not follow the MNGP.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Tom I fixed it. The 68 amps was the bug the amp gauge used to peg at 68 amps no matter what

Ryan

Lya72

Hi,

Some news  :

- This version seems to better handle , than her predecessor, the current logging time, so we won't see solar peaks at 03:00AM  8)

A little thing on the Status screen when in Resting Mode : Resting is sommetimes followed by (0:Unknown).

Yann 
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

Good news. The 0 after resting is the RFR or reason for resting. There are several different reasons for resting and sometimes you will see others besides 0. Typically these are of no real value to the user unless there is a problem than this can be used for a troubleshooting tool.

Ryan

Halfcrazy

Also as an FYI there is a Beta release of Classic code that fixes a few things as well. It can be found here http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1058.0

Ryan

Lya72

Bad news :

- In Day Log export, there are empty columns.
In my opinion, the values that aren't selected behind the graph (in the values to chart screen) aren't logged as they were before.
Yes logged is in bold because it's different than exported.

YES, I confirm this bug after a Select all values test then 10 minuts wait then export, there are datas in all the columns.

- In the values to Chart screen, a new value appears :  mbComboChrgStge   .  It's seems to be the charge_status which is a better name than  mbComboChrgStge.
A lot of different values in this column (more than the differents charges status (Bulk, Absorb, Float, EQ...)  :

What do they means ??

Yann

1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

Yann
I tried to recreate what you are saying but cant. My Solar LV controller has had no values checked to log at all today and when I export it I get a blank page. Now if I select all those values and Export it I get all the values for the complete day?

So to be clear I think what you are saying is you had the APP running all day and not everything checked and when you exported it the data was not there? I am not able to reproduce that so maybe I am missing the explanation.

I do know it only exports what you have checked to log.

Also on the new data column, Andrew is toying with showing the Charge Stage the Classic is in at the moment. If we end up using that data we will of course name it "Charge Stage" but for development of Beta he uses the actual register name I think

Ryan

Lya72

Ok thanks for the tentative of explanation with your terms.

Yes, the LocalApp runs all the day with 0.3.16 version and Battery Voltage, Kwh, watts selected.

After that, at the end of the day, I installed the 0.3.17 version  and this runs for 1/2 hour with this version.

When I test to export the current day log, as always, I selected all the values (sure ?????) and in csv log file generated, there were just the three values selected all the day, even for the 1/2 hour.

I have a doubt on the step "I selected all values" in the graph and there was two LocalApp versions on this single day, so I will watch tomorrow.

So sorry for this bad alert.

QuoteI do know it only exports what you have checked to log.
No, it logs all and it only export what you have checked in the graph.

Lya72

About Status Monitor ( http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1044.msg7564#msg7564 ), I take it for a little run and... I found a bug on my configuration at the start of the application :

"Conversion from string "1.5" to type 'Double' is not valid in the .NET framewok !!

Yann

dRdoS7

Hi,

Updated LocalApp from 3.13 to 3.17 this morning. Also updated Classic to 1339.

The "Default to Bar Chart" is (IMO) annoying, I like the Line Chart. Maybe an option to select the default or, at least to remember the users previous selection?

LA isn't displaying some readings:
Battery Current,   kWh,   Watts, & Input Current
just zeros.

Input Voltage is showing around 16V, actual is currently ;p 114V.

I noticed that the chart updates automatically in 1/2 hr mode, at least until it reaches the end of the current 1/2 hr. Did it do that before?

dRdoS7.

Edit: Forgot to mention: when changing from "Day" to "Hour" or "1/2 Hour" the time starts at 12:00. Would it be possible to start at the current time (hour or 1/2 span)?

Edit: I was so focused on what wasn't being displayed that I failed notice that the Battery Voltage displayed was incorrect. At the moment it's showing 50.9, actual is 56.9.

Vern Faulkner

"Wee?"

Who said engineers and computer programmers don't have a sense of humour.

dRdoS7

Quote from: Vern Faulkner on February 22, 2013, 06:29:56 PM
"Wee?"

Who said engineers and computer programmers don't have a sense of humour.

Don't press it!!!

I did and couldn't get up off the recliner: I was "disabled".

dRdoS7

Westbranch

sounds like you guys  are having too much fun in a electric wheel chair...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come