Local App Float Time

Started by Resthome, January 04, 2013, 12:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

I'm seeing different daily float time being recorded by the local app V0.3.10 offline data than what is shown on the Classic V1181 & MNGP V1042 status window. Sometimes they are longer and some time they are shorter. I've monitored it for the last five days and do not really see a pattern. Here's what I've seen in the last five days for FT differences in the Local App verses the Classic.

Day1  +8min
Day2 -10min
Day3 -31min
Day4 +20min
Day5  -7min

Note the Local App Data Report Tab shows matching Float time with the Classic Status window before being reset at 23:59hrs, but what is recorded in the Local App Data Offline entries are different. The Classic is a 150 Rev 4 if that matters. Any ideas on why the differences?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

You will want to check the date of the log if possible, although you don't quite have that yet with the Local App.

When you say "status window", is that text version of the values where you see one value at a time ?

There is a small bug in the Classic that is being worked out right now that can mess up the order
of values received into the Local app and the graphing readout on the MNGP.  For the moment,
trust the text, one at a time, screen in the Daily logs menu.

A firmware update should be coming soon that should fix up the mix up.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: boB on January 04, 2013, 02:59:24 PM

You will want to check the date of the log if possible, although you don't quite have that yet with the Local App.

When you say "status window", is that text version of the values where you see one value at a time ?

There is a small bug in the Classic that is being worked out right now that can mess up the order
of values received into the Local app and the graphing readout on the MNGP. For the moment,
trust the text, one at a time, screen in the Daily logs menu.

A firmware update should be coming soon that should fix up the mix up.

boB

Sorry for the confusion. On the Classic it is the Charge Time display showing the text value for float time. In the Local App I'm looking at index 380 which appears to be the entry from the day before at least the kW value match up to what I have recorded for the previous day after the Classic has gone into resting mode. And yes the Daily Log Menu appears to have the same values that match the Charge Time display. It's the float time values in the Local App that are showing up at index 380-384 which appear to be the last 5 days of data that do not match the float times.

Thanks Bob, great support from all the folks at Midnight.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

Halfcrazy

Do you have the latest Classic code? I have a local app that works only with the latest code and it shows the Date the Classic stamped for the data not Day1,2,3,4 etc. This is really important as the Classic is not putting the data in the right order yet for some reason so it makes the App data look bad.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

SolarMusher

QuoteDo you have the latest Classic code? I have a local app that works only with the latest code and it shows the Date the Classic stamped for the data not Day1,2,3,4 etc. This is really important as the Classic is not putting the data in the right order yet for some reason so it makes the App data look bad.
Where did you find this new loc app  :o ? I have what I think to be the latest loc app (dowloaded 5 min ago...) and datas are still, Day1,2,3,4  not in the right order etc, with float time when there was no float time, with false double entry index at 0kw, etc, etc, etc... ???
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

Erik
It is not a released version I have it here as Beta. It only works on the newest classic code. Anybody wanting it feel free to PM me or Email me and I can send a link.

Ryan

SolarMusher

Ok good morning Ryan  ;D,
Does this beta correct problems?
I send you an email.
Thanks,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

Yes Andrew is now making the Local App show the date the Classic gave the data. So the data the app is showing is correct in the sense it is read from the Classic. It also makes the things like AF, GF etc work with the latest code. I think most of the concerns have been addressed it just needs the AF, GF menu to read from the Classic first and IP addresses to be functional. By all means we need feedback if people see a bug let me know and Andrew or Rey will get it repaired ASAP

Ryan

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 07, 2013, 05:55:45 AM
Do you have the latest Classic code? I have a local app that works only with the latest code and it shows the Date the Classic stamped for the data not Day1,2,3,4 etc. This is really important as the Classic is not putting the data in the right order yet for some reason so it makes the App data look bad.

Ryan
Ryan

I have the latest firmware on the Classic and the latest downloadable app V0.3.10. I'm looking at the FT in local app offline index 380-384 which seem to be the correct sequence. The kW match what I should be seeing but the FT times are all wrong.
John

Halfcrazy

Ok try the beta Local App and see if the date agrees with what you thought. We will go from there. I am also looking into mine as we speak

Ryan

TomW

Ryan sent me the Local App Version 0.3.12, been running it for a couple days but too busy to pay much attention to it.

I like the date rather than a # for the day.

One thing I do see is a lot of entries  where I have 0 KWH but those are entries with the same time (23:59).. It goes well back into the history when I scanned through it. But not every day.

I do my logging via the serial port stream and these entries do not seem to appear in those logs?

Just what I am seeing.

More as I get the info.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Tom the issue here is the data on the actual classic. There are 2 forms of "daily" Logging. There is the numerical data and then if you click Graph there is the graphical data. this is where the issue is. The 2 sets of data on the classic itself do not agree and the app uses the Graphing data as it is easier to pull from the classic. I will say I see a lot of double entry's as well and usually the first is basically blank. It appears as if the Classic stamps a day for say 1-2 seconds and then starts another day.

Ryan