News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

KID Clipper

Started by dgd, December 05, 2013, 09:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyspoon

any clipper progress updates?
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

bennyspoon

does anyone know if the kid clipper still going ahead, there has been no word on this for months now?

i hope it's not dead in the water.
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

bennyspoon

bueller....... bueller...... anyone?

Robin

Progress on the Kid clipper has been zero. Mario has two other projects he is working on. A redesign of the SPD's. boB and Mario are flying to Boston tomorrow for testing of the SPD's. We suspect that they testing will go well and them Mario can put that project to bed. The Kid just needs the new AGS board to work in Bully mode. Mario is almost done with that code. It has been a real @&%@ trying to get the Kids to reconnect all by themselves when one does disconnect for any reason. It is almost done, but give him a few more weeks. Then Mario is on to the Kid Clipper. The hardware has been done for a long time, just not tested.
I would be careful in using a Morningstar controller for wind. What is the maximum voltage it will see?
Robin Gudgel

bennyspoon

that is awesome to hear robin.

i was worrying that maybe you guys had pulled the pin on it.

couple of months then and we may see some action, sounds great.

what is an spd?
cheers.

TomW

Quote from: bennyspoon on February 18, 2015, 05:26:40 AM

what is an spd?
cheers.

Surge Protection Device

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Robin

An SPD is a surge protective device. (lightning arrestor)
Nah, we almost never pull the plug on projects. We just keep on adding more, so the priorities get moved around.
Once an engineer gets one or two projects into production, it greatly slows down the time he has available to do new projects. The regular production stuff ends up taking some of their time to support production, warranty stuff, design changes etc. Mario has two significant projects in production. Last week he was working on code for Bully mode and he decided to go home and work where it would be more quiet. We now have a second desk for him in the other engineering building too so he can have a quiet place to work.
Midnite is a very busy and crowded place in our main building. We have two additional buildings. Half of the engineers work in building #3. That is where some of us worked 20 years ago when that building was Trace engineering. Then it was Xantrex and after that it was the Outback engineering building. Lots of solar designs came out of that building.
Robin Gudgel

Highflyer

boB and Mario going to Boston, (note to them, bring a snow shovel). 

Solar history in one building, if only those walls could talk...

Learning there is a new SPD on its way  !!!!!!

Learning new stuff is on the way  (inverter please)   !!!!!!

The clipper is still in design, also great news.

When do the engineers sleep?

Brian

The one thing is the one thing

xsnrg

QuoteWhen do the engineers sleep?

They don't sleep.  They float.
3x 250w Renogy RNG-250D
1x MidNite KID w/WBjr and MNBTS
1x 12v 100Ah el cheapo deep cycle
1x 300w PST-300-12 Samlex pure sine
http://www.howardweb.org/weather/solar/index.html

Doug

When we go to lunch we ABSORB, that causes us to BULK.
Too much of Ryan's Jack Daniels can cause one to FLOAT.

vtmaps

Quote from: Highflyer on February 18, 2015, 01:10:36 PM
Learning there is a new SPD on its way  !!!!!!

I wonder if the "new" SPD is this:  http://midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=725

--vtMaps

bennyspoon

how's that clipper coming along robin, any news?

bennyspoon

bennyspoon

has there been any news since the video of robin and mario talking about the kid wind clipper?

we must be getting near the pointy end now i hope.

Mario

Hello All, I have been working on other stuff but the clipper and Wind Kid is coming, we get the boards for the clipper next week and we have ordered the sheet metal to go with it, I have written code for wind and clipper control, I am guessing in the next month we will have some beta units ready to go.

Mario Rodriguez