Firmware Update for Sparse Data

Started by atop8918, June 06, 2013, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Hi, everyone, I did some digging and think I have a solution for the sparse data problem. If you are interested in testing this, please get yourself the firmware update here:

http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarSetup_6-6-2013_v3.72.exe

and give it a couple hours to start dumping data. Please let us know the results and if it fixes your problem. If this is the solution we'll add it to production immediately.

Thanks!
-Andrew

TomW

Andrew;

I don't see a newer version of the MNGP... file in there?

Is this just for the Classic itself with no MNGP  update?

I slipped the Classic_ALL_1397-150V_6-6-2013.ctl in to both mine so we will see how it goes here soon.

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1397

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

TomW

Andrew;

It shook something loose as it picked up the names and grabbed data 3 minutes ago.

FYI

Thanks.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

atop8918

Yeah it's just a Classic update.

Glad it's starting to work for you Tom. Keep us posted!

TomW

Andrew;

No wind data here to report beyond "resting"  but the Solar Classic is pushing data to mymidnite regularly since i slipped the update in, it seems.

Nice to see the names get picked up and data flowing.

Thanks.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

mymidnite seems to be down right now.

FYI

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

atop8918

Yeah, sorry about that. Rackspace was doing some database upgrade and someone pressed the wrong button.

Some folks have noticed that the Classic is now sluggish when connecting to the Local App or Ross's datalogger -- I changed a timer for mymidnite which also affects the Local IP connection. There is a 20 second "safety" zone in place now when disconnecting from the local connection. I will remedy this in the "official" release of the firmware update. Sorry for any inconvenience!

-A

dgd

Quote from: atop8918 on June 07, 2013, 06:56:19 AM

Some folks have noticed that the Classic is now sluggish when connecting to the Local App or Ross's datalogger -- I changed a timer for mymidnite which also affects the Local IP connection. There is a 20 second "safety" zone in place now when disconnecting from the local connection. I will remedy this in the "official" release of the firmware update. Sorry for any inconvenience!

-A

Sluggish means made Ethernet modbus data useless, I was just getting data every half second for my dashboard and now its not working.
I also want to make progress reporting to boB those modbus values when a random reset occurs AND be able to use Ethernet modbus data so waiting for an official firmware update release, that could be weeks or months away, is NOT AN OPTION.
Please do the fix now to remove that 20 second delay and urgently release a minor firmware upgrade.
Thanks
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Quote from: dgd on June 07, 2013, 08:04:00 AM
Quote from: atop8918 on June 07, 2013, 06:56:19 AM

-A

Sluggish means made Ethernet modbus data useless, I was just getting data every half second for my dashboard and now its not working.
I also want to make progress reporting to boB those modbus values when a random reset occurs AND be able to use Ethernet modbus data so waiting for an official firmware update release, that could be weeks or months away, is NOT AN OPTION.
Please do the fix now to remove that 20 second delay and urgently release a minor firmware upgrade.
Thanks
Dgd

Andrew and I have been chatting and he is going to take a bit of time to look towards the watch dog timer issue. These little updates can cause a lot of grief when one little thing causes another little thing. I suppose we could run firmware in house for a week or 2 before releasing it as Beta but we find that getting it into many hands makes it easier to find all the little issues.

So please be patient as I am pulling Andrew in 3 different directions now but the reset issue is priority one with My MidNite being second on the list

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Just an FYI:

My Solar Classic quit reporting to mymidnite about 5 AM this morning.

I am still logging solar data to Ross's server with his application.

My Local App cannot connect to the Solar Classic at all but connects to the Wind Classic fine.

The Wind Classic is fine. Both have identical firmware. We are getting some (300 to 700 watts or so) solar in and no wind so maybe it has to do with power levels?

This forum is horribly sluggish for me but may be my can and string internet acting up?

Just FYI.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Well maybe Andrew broke the internet, My service here has fallen all apart and I am having more DNS failures than I have black flies  :o
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

yes, these latest fixes in release 1401 have sure cured the lack of data, I'm seeing  many more connects to mymidnite.
and the broken internet seems better too  :D

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

boB

Quote from: Halfcrazy on June 08, 2013, 05:58:21 PM
Well maybe Andrew broke the internet, My service here has fallen all apart and I am having more DNS failures than I have black flies  :o

BTW, Ryan fixed this problem.  Seems that the modem needed resetting.

Also, here is today's code...  Newer networking than day before yesterday's should
fix the modbus over tcp/ip problem.

http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarSetup_6-8-2013_v3.73.exe

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

If only -- man if I could put "broke the Internet" on my resume the world's the limit.

boB

Quote from: atop8918 on June 09, 2013, 01:53:34 AM
If only -- man if I could put "broke the Internet" on my resume the world's the limit.

;D ;D ;D
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me