NEW Production code. REV 1758

Started by Halfcrazy, February 06, 2014, 09:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Well with a couple minor changes the full blown battery meter code with Aux functions based on SOC% is going into production today. The firmware can be found here http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=3&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit

Because of all the Aux changes and SOC stuff a Factory Restore or "VMM" is recommended. I would not say it is mandatory but please check on custom settings Like Aux modes and set points etc after the install to verify they did not change if you do not do a VMM.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

OK, I use a custom tcp port (555) and this update will not let me change it. I edit the value click the arrow to save and it acts like it changes but it does not change from 502. Using the Local App. Can't seem to find it in the MNGP menus.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

TomW

Nevermind. I found it in the comms menu and it seems to have taken it. Not changeable from the Local App at all.

Just FYI.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

zoneblue

Ryan, does the latest local app have configuration for SOC, WBJr EA etc.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

TomW

Quote from: zoneblue on February 06, 2014, 02:12:45 PM
Ryan, does the latest local app have configuration for SOC, WBJr EA etc.

Not Ryan but,

I saw Battery efficiency, AH capacity and temp compensation settings in there Not sure of the Ending Amps?

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Tom
I will look into the port bug.

ZoneBlue
The Local App has all the parameters now for the WBjr yes

Ryan

Halfcrazy

Tom I looked into the port thing and the current Local App you have has it in 2 places. One in with the TCP/IP stuff and one below it. Andrew has fixed that now and the new version I have tests fine. Below the network box is a modbus port box that should allow you to change it for now. I will try to get Andrew to release this LA tomorrow

Zap

Just  installed the new firmware but were are the new setting located in the classic.
setting for battery bank AH capacity etc.  looked all over can't seem to find them.

Did verify its on REV 1758
6X Kyocera KD245GX-LFB, 2xClassic 150’s, 2x e-panel, 1x nottagutter 2x Outback-FX2524T, 800ah @ 24 volt battery bank, BBB running the BlackBox

TomW

Quote from: Zap on February 07, 2014, 12:15:34 PM
Just  installed the new firmware but were are the new setting located in the classic.
setting for battery bank AH capacity etc.  looked all over can't seem to find them.

Did verify its on REV 1758
In the Local App:

Config>>>Advanced Way at the bottom of that screen

I never found it on the MNGP screens. It may be Local App only setting?

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zap

Ya, did not see anything in the MMGP.

OK, look in the local app, I see it but its all grayed out no way to set it.

Local app REV  0.3.43
6X Kyocera KD245GX-LFB, 2xClassic 150’s, 2x e-panel, 1x nottagutter 2x Outback-FX2524T, 800ah @ 24 volt battery bank, BBB running the BlackBox

TomW

Quote from: Zap on February 07, 2014, 12:32:23 PM

Local app REV  0.3.43

Maybe you lost the serial number it needs to unlock the settings in the upgrade process?

"unlock code" at bottom of first Config screen. It may have got lost or something?

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Resthome

Yeah, we have had a lot of changes with the addition of the WB Jr and it would be real nice to see an update for the manual.   ;) 

The latest Classic Manual I can find is 1/7/2013
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Zap

Quote from: TomW on February 07, 2014, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Zap on February 07, 2014, 12:32:23 PM

Local app REV  0.3.43

Maybe you lost the serial number it needs to unlock the settings in the upgrade process?

"unlock code" at bottom of first Config screen. It may have got lost or something?

Tom
Thanks Tom,
That was it, had my classic for over a couple of years now and did not know I needed to put in the unlock code, learn some new every day. ;D

Halfcrazy

The Classic manual is next on the Hit list. boB and Shelley will be starting on that today. In the interim here is the WBjr manual it has all the info about the Classic and WBjr etc

http://kb1uas.com/HighVoltage/10-264-1_Rev-B_Whizbang%20Installation%20Manual%20-%20Mod.pdf

Westbranch

Hi Ryan, just took a quick look at the manual , looks good , well detailed,  but I don't see a reference to the KID setup...??
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come