Insect Proofing Classic

Started by phonetic, March 11, 2012, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonetic

I have a PV remote setup at my country weekender, installed in a shed/barn..not being 100% sealed, I get visited by Insects who seem to like to make my Classic 150 there home  ??? 
Im thinking to put a fine nylon cloth filter on the fan inlet and outlet above the display, would this cause any issues  ?

Regards

Frank
Ballarat Australia
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.

Halfcrazy

Should be just fine. Somewhere I have a picture of a retrofit of a stainless screen behind the cover I will try to dig them up.

Ryan

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

nigel

I will agree with considering fitting such as mesh screen, same or similar  as used  on the Conduit Knock outs for the classic. We have a double bodied wasp like creature out here which loves such orifices as on the classic above the screen .  She crawls inside and then builds a Mud nest to hatch her babies. The holes on the classic are also a good access point for baby geckos.

Why we cant expect every climate and installation scenario to be accomodated I like the idea of a Tropical Insect Proofing Pack to be offered as an option.

I will retrofit a piece of fine metal  mesh on mine before it warms up over here much more

Outback Inverters have such a good reputation and one of the things they dont suffer from in insect ingress which is a key cause of failure on other inverters out here.

I replaced a Studer Inverter recently with a OB after it let the smoke out. Caused IMHO  by ingress of body fluids from geckos or rodents which liked to sit on the top of the inverter  where it was warm as the cooling vents were on the top.

Bring out a Bug Bung for the flute and Ill fit them to all my Classics for the Mediterranean

Nigel

phonetic

thinking of using nylon fly mesh..to cover holes use glue gun to stick on..is there a accepted modification approved by the classic guru's ?
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.