Status of an E-panel for the Conext SW

Started by DMJ72, February 01, 2014, 06:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

We just size the busbars to meet UL guidelines for current. Too bad nobody else does. Busbars are not cheap!
Robin Gudgel

DMJ72

Well its here .. need to make some time to get it up on the board with the MNDC, then migrate to the e-panel when its ready.

(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Robin

We just heard today that the SW E-Panel was approved at ETL. Doug can probably make labels in his lab for the first ones. You can now order an E-Panel.
Robin
Robin Gudgel

dapdan

Congratulations David. Welcome to the fold.

Cheers...
Damani

DMJ72

Quote from: Robin on March 01, 2014, 12:54:23 AM
We just heard today that the SW E-Panel was approved at ETL. Doug can probably make labels in his lab for the first ones. You can now order an E-Panel.
Robin

:D :D 8)

Quote from: dapdan on March 01, 2014, 01:45:29 PM
Congratulations David. Welcome to the fold.

Cheers...
Damani

:D :D 8)
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Robin

We actually have 4 different projects going through ETL at the moment. There will be a couple more major projects being evaluated there within the next month also. We have been busy.
Too bad it is sooooooo expensive.
Robin Gudgel

TomW

Quote from: Robin on March 02, 2014, 11:23:01 AM
Too bad it is sooooooo expensive.

Robin;

Sadly, all the really fun techie stuff follows this rule.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained my grand father used to say. :o

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

DMJ72

Its up on the board in its temporary location, but no loads patched in as yet. Will use my clamp meter to test the idle Amp draw tomorrow.

DMJ72

Quote from: Robin on March 01, 2014, 12:54:23 AM
Robin

Robin, I emailed Doug and he directed me to Ryan as he said he maybe handling the pre-orders for the Conext SW E-panels. I will be contacting him shortly. Doug was very nice and helpful. I even got a prelimnary .pdf manual for the E-Panel. There are no words to describe the service Midnite Solar provides. Ryan even helped me with a query I was having with my Conext SW! 

jtdiesel65

Hi,

I was looking at www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/MNSW4024D-2CL150.pdf which I think was the diagram for the stacked SW e panel.  I'm wondering how bypass would work without the neutrals also being switched? 

thx

jtdiesel65

BTW, It looks to me that the neutral wiring diagram on page 26 of http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/ConextSW_manual.pdf is wrong. The language seems to state the setup correctly, but the diagram has all the neutrals common.

Halfcrazy

Well Schneider has an issue here. The Neutrals in a dual stack need to be isolated. So AC in neutral and AC out neutral are separate. This itself has no bearing on the bypass as they are still electrically common they just use them for current sense.

The issue IS if the inverters are removed the neutral is opened. So what we do is put a large warning in there and tell you to install a jumper if the inverters are to be removed.

Ryan

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

jtdiesel65

OK thanks, that's what I thought.  Although, IMO bypass should isolate the inverter. After all why would one use bypass anyway.

At least you have two neutral buses.  It looks like there is space for two more breakers so one could add a bus and two breakers for neutrals.

Robin

The NEC does not like you breaking the grounded conductor (neutral).
Robin Gudgel

jtdiesel65

Quote from: Robin on April 25, 2014, 01:32:02 PM
The NEC does not like you breaking the grounded conductor (neutral).

Are you saying NEC doesn't like the neutral to be switched via a breaker as opposed to a regular knife switch type of disconnect?