my classic stopped uploading

Started by shadow44, November 24, 2013, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow44

Last night my classic 200 quit uploading. I cant get it started again. can we only monitor for 2 weeks? I read where midnite only stores 2 weeks, but does that mean thats all we can upload and monitor? Or is there something else wrong?  :'( I love to watch mymidnite from work. everything seems to be working except there is no data. And all my computers run linux, and I cant get the local app to run :'(

atop8918

Sounds like the network bug. Do you have A-RST enabled?

Check out the Advanced Troubleshooting guide FAQ on mymidnite:

https://mymidnite.com/?q=node/17

Thanks,
-A

shadow44

:'( nope, that is not it. I cant seem to get it back on line. Run flat out of things to try.... I'm gonna look like a kid in the cereal isle not getting what he wants, if I don't get this back up and running. screaming crying and throwing a major fit!!   :'(  >:( :'(

atop8918

There is no limit to MyMidNite usage currently -- we only save 2 weeks of daily data but it's on a rolling basis for as long as the site is up.

You may be able to run the Local App under Wine if you're using Linux. Unfortunately Adobe dropped support for Linux back on Air 2.7. You can still use the old version that runs natively on Linux if you want. The download link is at the bottom of the downloads page on mymidnite:

http://mymidnite.com/?q=node/7

Usually the issue is related to the DNS override.
Here is the usual list of things to try:

- change the DNS 2/DNS override to 0.0.0.0 or to 98.129.247.45 and rebooting the unit (needs about 20 minutes to start trickling data up)
- verify the network settings.
- If you're on DHCP switch to Static and make sure to give the device valid network settings for your network including a unique address.
- Make sure all the cables are still plugged in and working.
- make sure all network hardware between the Classic and your router are working.
- make sure to use short cable runs from the Classic to the first switch or router on the network. Shorter than 3 feet (1m) is recommended.
- Did you get struck by lightening? We've seen a few units develop Ethernet troubles after electrical storms.

Halfcrazy

Shadow
Feel free to give me a call today and we can run through some basic troubleshooting as well.

360-403-7207
Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

shadow44

Thanks Ryan, but I finally got it this morning. Not sure what it was but another bit of fiddling around and another reboot got it going. I have been through every setting 15 times. I do have a 50' network cable on it, but I cant get away from that. I dont think it had anything to do with it. It had connection the whole time. And I was in bed when it quit uploading... But its up right now, so we will see how it holds out. Thanks for all the help! :D now I am happy, happy, happy!