E-panel for Schneider Conext XW+

Started by DMJ72, August 13, 2014, 08:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMJ72

Hi everyone,

is Midnite planning to make a version of the XW E-panel that matches the new XW+ white powder-coat?

The coating on my SW E-panel is amazing, it matches the Conext SW perfectly. In fact I think its a better match than the AC/DC boxes they sell!

(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Halfcrazy

Yes we will be doing our best to make a seamless transition to the new color for the XW+ It is the same color as the SW so that parts easy. And all stock of XW's is dried up only the distributor level has any now so we will have new sheetmetal ready at the same time the XW+ starts shipping. Most likely we will leave both on the website until we use up the XW stock

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

DMJ72

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 13, 2014, 09:32:07 PM
Yes we will be doing our best to make a seamless transition to the new color for the XW+ It is the same color as the SW so that parts easy. And all stock of XW's is dried up only the distributor level has any now so we will have new sheetmetal ready at the same time the XW+ starts shipping. Most likely we will leave both on the website until we use up the XW stock

Thanks Ryan, is the XW going to be phased out?
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Halfcrazy

The XW is phased out. Schneider shipped every last one over 4 weeks ago so the only ones left are in the distribution chain

mike90045

Anyone know the difference from XW to XW+ ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Halfcrazy

Halfcrazy

Actually the hardware is the same. They rated it like Magnum and Outback so its now closer to 7KW. It also has some updates to the software to support more flexible grid tie systems for areas like Hawaii.

DMJ72

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 14, 2014, 06:26:40 PM
Actually the hardware is the same. They rated it like Magnum and Outback so its now closer to 7KW. It also has some updates to the software to support more flexible grid tie systems for areas like Hawaii.

Interesting....

Westbranch

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 14, 2014, 06:26:40 PM
It also has some updates to the software to support more flexible grid tie systems for areas like Hawaii.

Ryan, what is 'flexible' about the Hawaii system?

I understand from a friend with a winter house there, that if he produces more than he uses he 'donates' the excess to the Utility...  this came about when I tried to get him to increase his array size to 4 PV's from 3...!! to cover his entire bill rather than just 85% or so... He refuses to give them anything for free...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

dapdan

Midnite,

I have a client who may want the new conext xw+, I would love to pair it with a midnite e-panel. Are those new e-panels ready as yet? The new xw+ is already for sale by some distributors.

Cheers...
Damani

vtmaps

Quote from: dapdan on October 01, 2014, 11:41:10 PM
I have a client who may want the new conext xw+, I would love to pair it with a midnite e-panel. Are those new e-panels ready as yet? The new xw+ is already for sale by some distributors.

Ryan mentioned earlier in this thread that the difference between the xw and xw+ is software, and also the ratings, but that the hardware is the same.  I therefore presume (perhaps wrongly) that the xw ePanel is the same as the xw+ epanel.

--vtMaps

Halfcrazy

Yes we are all swapped over to the new paint on the E-Panel.

As far as software goes I am not sure what they have done for the Hawaiian market. I think it has more to do with Low Voltage ride through but not sure. The only 2 big changes I really noticed or payed attention to was 1- Re rated so it was rated Like Magnum and Outback  2- Stacking has changed they can do up to 12 inverters now

dapdan

Also one can change the frequency to 50Hz which is important for my locale where the grid operates at 50Hz. Ryan...are those new e-panel ready ship?

Cheers...
Damani

dapdan

Forgot one question. Does the e-panel come with a back plate for classic installation adjacent to the e-panel or does one have purchase that separately?

Cheers...
Damani

Halfcrazy

Quote from: dapdan on October 02, 2014, 09:01:05 AM
Also one can change the frequency to 50Hz which is important for my locale where the grid operates at 50Hz. Ryan...are those new e-panel ready ship?

Cheers...
Damani

Yes they are shipping now