OCP is OFF message

Started by Web4Deb, December 26, 2012, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web4Deb

I upgraded my 2 classic controllers this weekend so they could run in follow me mode...and have 2 questions (I also factory reset them):

1)  The follow-me menu only shows up on one of the controllers, but I believe it's working properly since both displays are showing the same information.  Is this normal?   Also, is there a way to get the display to show the independent voltages/currents...it was sort of nice to see what each bank of panels was producing.
2)  I have an "OCP is Off!" message on the controller that also has the menu option for the follow me.  It doesn't seem to be causing a problem, but not really sure what it means and how to correct it.

Other than that, I must say that it's really nice to see the two units working in sync!

Halfcrazy

Well OCP is Off should go away after a firmware upgrade. It sounds like possibly the second unit that does not show follow me stuff did not get its MNGP (display) updated. I would try checking its firmware version and or update the MNGP again.

The displays should each show there respective Classics only unless you address them each and set them to show a different classic.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Web4Deb

I'll upload the firmware to both units again....just to be safe  ;)  I'm 99% sure the upgrades worked properly, but it can't hurt to do it again.  I did walk away from them during part of it so it's possible there was an error and the cmd window went away before I could see it.

boB

Did you do the factory reset after the firmware upgrade to the Classic and MNGP ?

Vulcan Mind Meld as we say.... (VMM)

Power off then back on again.   Hold down the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys  while it is
coming up until you see the SOLAR--WIND--HYDRO screen and then go through
the 4 menu settings and it should send data to the Classic and also make any
necessary changes to the MNGP options as well.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Web4Deb

Yes, I had done the factor reset - I said that in the original post.   ::)  I did the upgrade and factory reset and all is well now.   Thanks.