Wireless RF remote for Classic.

Started by Ray Harkins, November 04, 2012, 02:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Harkins

Hello everyone. My name is Ray and live near Fresno,Ca. Last year I installed a 2400 watt solar system on my houseboat. It was quite a job. As I found out there is no easy way to run wiring. I use two classic 150 located in the aft of boat near the 8 Surrette batteries. The remote is in the front of the boat 50 feet away.
Talking to other houseboat owners with solar and those getting ready to install, the easy of having a wireless remote system is a big deal in selecting products.
The Classic is one great controller and except for an arc fault warning the other day, it has been running for a year without any problems.

boB

Hi Ray !

Somewhere on this forum is information on which WiFi bridges we have used with the Classic to get a wireless
connection between it and your wifi router.  I tried a search for "wifi" and "bridge" but nothing came up.

Check back soon and some info should show up on that.

A bunch of us have used a bridge and they work well.  I think the one in my office is from Asus and you can buy
them on Amazon.com of all places as well as other places for between $30 and $40 or so.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Ray Harkins

THAT WAS A VERY FAST REPLY AND GREAT LINK...RAY