Adding a 2nd. classic

Started by Notes, December 16, 2023, 11:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notes

I am currently running a Classic 250SL and am going to be adding a second array with a Classic 200. I would like to use the follow me option. I know the SL has no arc fault and ethernet. Question: Adding starlink this spring for remote monitoring, can I connect to either SCC and can I keep WBjr on the 250SL. Any suggestion much appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

ClassicCrazy

If I understand what you are doing  there, if it was me I would use the Classic 200 that has networking and put the whizbang on that because then you could remote monitor it. You can wire up your system so that your non networked classic SL goes through the whizbang as well. That way you would see the total amps produced by both Classics, and you can also see the output of the Classic 200 - so subtract that and you would know the output of the SL model.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Check out below for some Classic monitoring options.
If you convert to mqtt you can send that out via mqtt server and then subscribe with Classic monitoring app to get very good monitoring.
I think the other option on Classic DIY site is Modbus Adapter which would give some data capability to the SL model by plugging into jack on it and then get the data to network.
I believe there was a discussion on the forums here in past where someone did that with an SL model and was successful.
https://github.com/ClassicDIY
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Notes

Thanks Larry, Very help full. I believe we have a mutual friend HPHS class of 75. He turned me on to your youtube channel.
Andy