News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

WBjr / Re: Extending Purple Wire?
Last post by mahendra - April 23, 2024, 02:13:38 PM
I have done this also both my Classic 150 and Classic 200 have their wbjr.

I didn't do this for redundancy since I had my first failed.

MN was graceful in offering to propose a replacement out of warranty but I just bought a new one.

I didn't have a system to send back the damaged one at the time.
WBjr / Re: Extending Purple Wire?
Last post by ClassicCrazy - April 23, 2024, 01:58:56 PM
I stacked two Whizbangs - see in video how I did it .
Had to use spacers so I could get access to the shunt mounting screw .
https://youtu.be/7t7lw8ryIxA?si=5CuEpeRcCFfbBBxx&t=358
Larry
MNGP2 specific / Re: MNGP2 & Classic CC
Last post by Off Grid Salt Spring - April 23, 2024, 01:56:40 PM
I second the need for integrating the new MNGP2 with the Classic CC's, with a comm box (or ideally a firmware update if possible).

I don't see much in the way of documentation on the MNGP2 yet. What about online interfacing/remote system monitoring? Is this currently functional in a new MNGP2/Rosie installation?

I too am an installer in Canada, and am excited to try my first couple Rosie Installs. I have typically stayed far away from the "other" HF inverter in my new installations due to unbalanced surge issues, high idle load, bad software etc, but am super impressed by what I see so for from the HF Rosie! Fingers crossed it measures up to the tried and true LF models!

WBjr / Extending Purple Wire?
Last post by aaapilot - April 23, 2024, 01:24:59 PM
Can the purple wire be spliced to make it longer?  If so, aprox how long can it be?  I have a Rosie, Hawks Bay, and Classic 200 in the same system.  The WBjr is located in the Rosie and should pass along the readings to the HB, but I'm getting a discrepancy.  The shunt is located in the Rosie, so I need to add aprox 12" of wire to allow the purple wire to connect to the HB and see if the numbers are passed along to the Rosie correctly.

Secondly, I'm thinking about attaching a 2nd WBjr to the first and running the wire to the classic so I can monitor the system via the phone app.  That would be aprox 3' total, including the length of the purple wire.  Thanks all!

Dave
System Design and Layout / Re: DCM9040 battery monitor
Last post by ClassicCrazy - April 23, 2024, 11:00:35 AM
Nice command central you have there Barry ! And nice and neat compared to the mess I have here - ha ha !
Larry
Last post by Barry Fields - April 22, 2024, 07:35:15 PM
Thanks Larry, I appreciate your input. I did look at the pzem-25. It appears to have a built in shunt. Is an external shunt a straightforward implementation.

The biggest problem I have (excluding mental issues) is the dimensions of the unit. Attached is a photo of my living room control panel. I would have to enlarge the lower right hole in that 1/8" aluminum plate to accommodate the pezm-25 unit.

All good info but I will first try the same size DCM120100C.
Last post by ClassicCrazy - April 22, 2024, 07:16:10 PM
Quote from: Barry Fields on April 22, 2024, 11:57:01 AMAs he peers thru the smoke, I came to the determination that the offset was being introduced by the meter itself.

Sooo, I decided to eliminate the 12v feed to the meter and wire it per instructions (page 5 2wire system).

ZAP  apparently the voltage limits (on page 1) are either backwards or inside out.

I will order a hopefully better upgraded version (DCM120100C) and let ya know what happens.

The old unit will be incorporated into my ongoing eclectic sculpture "Technology Fricassee" .

Here is the Aliexpress Peacefair store - they have many different DC monitors https://peacefair.aliexpress.com/store/1101058977?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.7d21tWvdtWvdXJ
Last post by ClassicCrazy - April 22, 2024, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: boB on April 22, 2024, 05:21:17 PMLarry, what do you use to flash your ESP32 ?

What "system"  do you use ?

Any  ESP32 development board ( there are many and they only cost $5 )  you can just plug into its micro usb jack with a regular usb to micro cable. Then just plug it into the computer. They actually made it super easy to flash Tasmota directly from a webpage though you need to use Chrome browser to do that. On some esp boards you need to press a boot button in the board first when flashing .
https://tasmota.github.io/install/
The nice thing about tasmota is it supports so many different sensors - makes life easy ! Once flashed it connects to your router and you have a wifi web page from it.
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/
Larry
Last post by boB - April 22, 2024, 05:21:17 PM

Larry, what do you use to flash your ESP32 ?

What "system"  do you use ?

Last post by ClassicCrazy - April 22, 2024, 04:32:43 PM
Quote from: Barry Fields on April 22, 2024, 11:57:01 AMAs he peers thru the smoke, I came to the determination that the offset was being introduced by the meter itself.

Sooo, I decided to eliminate the 12v feed to the meter and wire it per instructions (page 5 2wire system).

ZAP  apparently the voltage limits (on page 1) are either backwards or inside out.

I will order a hopefully better upgraded version (DCM120100C) and let ya know what happens.

The old unit will be incorporated into my ongoing eclectic sculpture "Technology Fricassee" .
Take a look at Peacefair PZEM-025(built in shunt)  which is a display type - I have two of those .
The PZEM-017( external shunt)  which I also have is just the monitor device with no display and I have it connected to an ESP32 flashed with Tasmota which makes it super easy to interface and then has it's own built in webpage.
I have details of these on various videos on my youtube page.
 https://youtu.be/cKJKUMLyjLM?si=_d_mc22SQZnJ3zWE
https://youtu.be/TbLLrlZ3deI?si=x_Af1dzLublTDVjx
Larry