Time settings won't stick

Started by JustinTheMonarch, November 09, 2023, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinTheMonarch

Hey folks, I just got a midnite solar classic second hand for my new windturbine. I'm having trouble getting the time setting to stick. Once I set it, it doesn't advance to the next minute, and shuts the system down.
Can anyone help me with this? I'm new to midnite solar, I'm a solar guy with outback stuff and I love this new controller because it is possible to use on a turbine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a pic of my panel. I currently have the turbine disconnect and hooked up to a dump load because it was really windy here.
3 - 48 volt LFP 15kwh Felicity Solar batteries
4 Kws Solar
2 outback Flexmax charge controllers
48 volt outback Inverter
Istabreeze 1500 wind turbine
Midnite solar classis 2015-ish

ClassicCrazy

There is a battery inside the MNGP that can be replaced. This holds the time. But there is another way to set time using the config on the Local app. First you have to use MNGP and go to Tweaks , then press button under More a few times until you see TMSync and set that to Off. Then go back to your local status app and on Config Basic at bottom you will see Time sync - Press the Sync button and it should set the Classic time to same as your computer and the Yellow on the app will turn Green. I don't think you have to press that little arrow under the Sync button but I usually do.
Of course before you can use the Config screens on the app  you need to put in your Classic Serial number Unlock code on the app  which you can find on one of the MNGP screens.

Larry 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

JustinTheMonarch

3 - 48 volt LFP 15kwh Felicity Solar batteries
4 Kws Solar
2 outback Flexmax charge controllers
48 volt outback Inverter
Istabreeze 1500 wind turbine
Midnite solar classis 2015-ish

Wizbandit

Don't know about "shut system down", the clocks have nothing to do with that.
With the Local app up you have 3 clocks to deal with, the MNGP has one, the Classic "control board" has one (a software clock) and the Local APP has one synced to the PC.

The clock in the MNGP sets the "Classic clock" on the main control board, remember this is a software clock which means turn off the battery, the time is lost.  The MNGP sends clock updates to the Classic a few times a second to keep it updated.

When you "set" the time with the local app the MNGP sets it back to what it was set for.  The fix is to go to the MNGP in the TIME menu and set the 24Hr time.

If you want to set it from the local App you need to disable the MNGP from setting the time.  That is in the TWEAKS menu and you set TMSYNC=OFF
The down side is if you power off the Classic,. you will need to reset the clock with the Local App.