Local App and Classic connections. Classic goes away and comes back ETC

Started by Halfcrazy, February 21, 2013, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok we still seem to have a few people experiencing random drops of there Classic from the App. I would ask that you give us as much info as possible on the system to help us find this issue some are having.

I need to know:

Is the IP address in the Classic Static or DHCP?
Is the Modbus port still 502 or was it changed?
Local App version?
Classic code Revision?
A description of the network. As descriptive as you can tolerate. Make and Model of switches etc so we can acquire these devices and recreate the network here.
A description of what you where doing in the app if anything to cause this.
Is the dropping reproducible?

Thank you
Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Ryan;

Application Version 0.3.15

Classic Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1181
- Network Rev: 1122

Ubuntu 11.10

Not sure how to find what version of air is installed?

Network;

Linksys wrt54G Wireless router with Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) mini on it, 8 foot cat5 cable to router from Classic, Laptop wireless to Linksys router.

About 15 or so devices using the LAN. Other devices mostly wired through no name switches to the router spread across 2 buildings with a wired cat5 link between buildings.  Classic and my Laptop use the Linksys exclusively, as in not  any other hardware between them.

Classic is static with 192.168.2.129 IP on a 192.168.2.xxx network.

Dropping connections to Classic while in the Data -->live tab. Not 100%% reproducible but does it more often than not. Seems to take a few minutes to happen.  Often triggered by trying to change the date range.

Otrherwise it seems rock solid simply monitoring the dashboard. I will just watch the dashboard awhile see if it stays connected but I am fairly certain it has to do with the live data tab as that is the only time it drops since .15

More as it develops.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Vern Faulkner

Ryan: I basically went and re-installed the latest updates for the whole shooting match - MNGP, classic, local app. I'll see what shakes from there.

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 21, 2013, 06:27:19 PM
Ok we still seem to have a few people experiencing random drops of there Classic from the App. I would ask that you give us as much info as possible on the system to help us find this issue some are having.

I need to know:

Is the IP address in the Classic Static or DHCP?
Is the Modbus port still 502 or was it changed?
Local App version?
Classic code Revision?
A description of the network. As descriptive as you can tolerate. Make and Model of switches etc so we can acquire these devices and recreate the network here.
A description of what you where doing in the app if anything to cause this.
Is the dropping reproducible?

Thank you
Ryan

Is the IP address in the Classic Static or DHCP? Static 192.168.1.100 DHCP Range starts at 192.168.1.110-192.168.1.160 I have now disabled DHCP but don't think that will change anything.

Is the Modbus port still 502 or was it changed? 502 not changes

Local App version? V0.3.15  Adobe Air V3.6.0.5970

Classic code Revision? MNGP1042 (12/11/2012)  Classic  1333 (2/19/2013) Beta

A description of the network. - Linksys wrt54G V3.1 Wireless router with Firmware V4.00.7 Apr 26, 2005 -  8 foot Cat5 cable to router from Classic, Laptop wireless to Linksys router WPA2. No other devices on this LAN. Network is strictly for Classic at this location. Single Classic with no Follow Me.

A description of what you were doing in the app if anything to cause this. - Dropping connections to Classic while in the Data Live tab. Reacquires connect within a few seconds.

Is the dropping reproducible?-  Not 100%% reproducible but does it more often than not. Often triggered by trying to change the date range. Have only seen one drop out while monitoring in Status Tab

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Lya72

Hi,
No Time this morning to describe all my network configuration, but among Dell switch, Netgear routers, I also have two Linksys WRT54 GS Wifi Access points with DD-WRT firmware V24.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

Hm I am seeing a pattern here Linksys WR54G Routers? I will find one somehow and set it up here.

Ryan

SolarMusher

QuoteHm I am seeing a pattern here Linksys WR54G Routers? I will find one somehow and set it up here.

Ryan
Ryan,
I have the classic connected to a Asus router that I use as a repeater with static IP at 192.168.15.200:502 and did not see dropping connection at this time. No Linksys here.
Do we need to uncheck insomnia in the loc app as I don't need to use it in the classic?
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

Ok Andrew thinks he knows what it is and it has to do with the way he requests Live data from the PC's hard drive or something. He is working on it and we will keep everyone posted.

Ryan

Lya72

Hi all,

having no more dropped connections since I installed the latest level in Firmware and LocalApp.

But a new Update Error Event different from the precedent.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

plongson

I'm also dropping regularly using a WRT54G2. Using the beta local app.
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

Vern Faulkner

Just to be a pain in the keister, I haven't dropped since the double upgrade (local app/firmware, beta.)

Resthome

Quote from: Vern Faulkner on February 23, 2013, 06:37:50 PM
Just to be a pain in the keister, I haven't dropped since the double upgrade (local app/firmware, beta.)
Vern,
Try this and let us know if the Local App drops. Go to the DATA tab select the LIVE tab and then to the right of the calendar select MONTH from the pull down then Click on EXPORT. I get the port closing 100% of the time with this sequence. See log of port monitor at 2sec intervals attached. You can see that port 502 goes closed-waiting.
John
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

TomW

Quote from: Resthome on February 27, 2013, 05:42:10 AM

Vern,
Try this and let us know if the Local App drops. Go to the DATA tab select the LIVE tab and then to the right of the calendar select MONTH from the pull down then Click on EXPORT. I get the port closing 100% of the time with this sequence. See log of port monitor at 2sec intervals attached. You can see that port 502 goes closed-waiting.
John

John;

I see this, too. Only thing is I get it any time I open the "data" tab.

I am using a dated version of Air so I have tried to stay out of this because it may be my older version of Air on Ubuntu that is the problem in my case and the Midnite  guys don't need false leads wasting their time. (Quiet rant on Adobe proprietary software and lack of  broad support for same)

You are not alone in that closed connection bit, John.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Hm I just tried that with no issue? But Andrew says he is working on the logging because something he does now can pull way to much data at once from the hard drive? So if that is the case a PC that is already running hard may show this sooner than a fast pc running very light??

Ryan

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 27, 2013, 09:12:04 AM
Hm I just tried that with no issue? But Andrew says he is working on the logging because something he does now can pull way to much data at once from the hard drive? So if that is the case a PC that is already running hard may show this sooner than a fast pc running very light??

Ryan
Well Ryan your correct I just went back to try it and after 10 attempts not one dropped connection. Go figure, so it is not 100% as I had stated. Sorry for the false lead. My laptop is a few years old but it is an Intel 2 Core running at 2.20Ghz, the HD is 1G – 5400rpm, and the Network connection is Wireless G connected with the router @ 54Mbs running Window 7 with the latest Classic Beta 1339 and the latest Beta app 3.17.

Watching the performance monitor when the Export is initiated I see the initial disk I/O for the Local App monthly file writing at 1,300,000 B/sec + then throttle down to around 350 B/sec Writes. Local Net I/O performance seem to be constant around 130 B/sec Receive and 12 B/sec sends. The local app is only taking 1% of CPU.  Just some data points.  Not sure what is causing port 502 to close. Seems like it needs a good network sniffer trace when it happens. Hopefully Andrew has a handle on it.

John

John