Local App for WhizBang Jr

Started by Resthome, October 22, 2013, 10:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Is v0.3.31 of the local App going to be available for the WhizBang Jr shortly?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

Evidently not released yet.

I only see raw +- shunt current displayed on it anyway.

Hopefully very soon either 3.31 will be released or more info added to it
and then released.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Thanks boB. No hurry will be closing up the boat for the winter. BTW the WhizBang Jr installed without a hitch and the current reading from the external shut matches exactly with my Link 10. Have a few other comments I will update in other thread when I get back in town.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

Quote from: Resthome on October 26, 2013, 07:41:39 PM
Thanks boB. No hurry will be closing up the boat for the winter. BTW the WhizBang Jr installed without a hitch and the current reading from the external shut matches exactly with my Link 10. Have a few other comments I will update in other thread when I get back in town.

Excellent !

Thanks for the report.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

Hi,
I've released 0.3.31 with some tentative WBJr. support and support for users with higher battery voltages. More to come later.

Thanks,
-A

TomW

Quote from: Westbranch on October 27, 2013, 02:43:29 PM
Tom, can we get a WhizzBang section?

tks.

I poked Ryan on this. He does that.  ;D

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

Quote from: atop8918 on October 27, 2013, 05:27:01 AM
Hi,
I've released 0.3.31 with some tentative WBJr. support and support for users with higher battery voltages. More to come later.

Thanks,
-A

Thank you Andrew !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

On the main Satus Screen I see System Amps which is the Whizbang Jr reading of the net amps going into the battery. Are there any other Whizbang reports or data on the Local Status 3.31 other than that ?  I haven't spotted any others yet if there are. 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

SolarMusher

Hi all,
Do I really need to VMM the classic after upgrade to Whizbang beta FW? I mean, if all is working fine.
CC, could you tell me where did you find the loc app 3.31? Loc app wanted to update to 3.31 but I didn't see anything about the Whizzz.
Thanks
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

TomW

Quote from: SolarMusher on November 03, 2013, 06:52:25 AM
Loc app wanted to update to 3.31 but I didn't see anything about the Whizzz.
Thanks
Erik

Erik;

The WB jr "system amps" displays in the main "Status Window". I haven't dug into it yet looking for the data elsewhere but the net amps is displayed there for sure.

The App updated itself when I told it to from the Application>>About>>check for updates screen you can open from the main screen.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

SolarMusher

Hi Tom,
Hope you are fine. I've got it, I was looking for something about the WhizB but there's was only system amps from the WhizB.
Not a problem, we'll wait for a next update from Andrew. I'm very happy with it right now.
What do you think about a VMM?
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

TomW

Quote from: SolarMusher on November 03, 2013, 10:16:21 AM
What do you think about a VMM?
Erik

Erik;

Doing pretty well here mostly hunkering down for the cold times. Firewood, getting stuff under cover, etc.

WRT the VMM, I think it can help with several issues after a firmware upgrade and really cannot hurt. When I went to the latest firmware (1609) I had issues reporting to MyMidnite which was fixed by changing the "DNS Override" to 0.0.0.0. A known issue I had forgot about until Andrew offered that advice via email.

Good Luck with it!

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SolarMusher

Tons001

Is it possible to add "net amp hours" to the next revision of the local app? Thanks.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55