News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Will WBjr mount on MNSHUNT BUSBAR

Started by OffGrid+LovinIt, June 14, 2015, 11:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid+LovinIt

I'd assume it would, but just checking.....

Thanks....  DennisB

Westbranch

It needs to be on the SHUNT and connected to both of the 2 large brass blocks (posts) to read the differential between both posts.. that is how it can tell you what is going   INTO  the battery, and the Clasic tells you how much is being delivered to the shunt/ bussbar...  see the instructions..
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Vic

The WBjr mounts onto the two screws (these are about 10-32) that are tapped into one side face of the Shunt.

It appears that the Shunt Busbar  will interfere with this mounting,  as there,  quite possibly,  is no room for the WBjr.

However,  many of us attach a short run of #18 or 20 AWG twisted-pair wires to the WBjr terminals,  from the Shunt/s sense screws.  One can just stow the WB in a convenient location,  near the Shunt,  and perhaps in an insulated tube,  or similar,  and the WB should work fine.

FWIW,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

OffGrid+LovinIt

Vic,

Thanks, I didn't think it would fit either. Too bad.

And I admit, I never considered mounting the WBjr separately, and that's a perfect solution.

I'm now a happy guy and will order off the parts today.

Thanks....   DennisB

Vic

Hi DennisB,

It  is possible that the WBjr might still mount on the/a Shunt that has the MNShunt Busbar on it as well.

But seems that you will find out soon enough,  and if the WB will not fit,  then  remote mounting the WB should work fine.

MN is now offering their own Shunt,  as you probably know,  and it appears to be slightly different than the common Deltec Shunt,  and may have the ability of mounting the WB AND the Shunt Busbar ...

Please let us know what  you find.   Thanks.   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

OffGrid+LovinIt

Howdy,

My parts arrived and I can verify that the WBjr does mount onto the MNSHUNT BUSBAR without problems.

Thanks for the suggestions.

DennisB    W7IME