whizbang readings on My Midnite ?

Started by ClassicCrazy, August 10, 2014, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Hi, Jimbo,
Did you make sure to reset the classic after changing the DNS settings?

If so and it's still not working for you, then just go back to the production firmware available on the main website. Change your DNS override setting back to 0.0.0.0 or 98.129.247.45 and reset the unit. It should come right back up on the original mymidnite.

jimbo

Yes i reset the classic.  Still the same message!

What step could i have possibly missed?

atop8918

I really don't know, Jimbo. It _should_ be as easy as Alpha firmware, DNS override, reset, but there's obviously still an issue with the Classic.  I have another tester with a similar problem. It seems that the Classic still is refusing to dial out on some networks which is, frankly, baffling.

I'd suggest reverting back to the production firmware until we find and fix the issue.

Sorry for the trouble.

Hein

I think I may be that other customer... turned out to be a router issue, wasn't allowing the classics to send data out. Got that fixed by chance, working well now.
a: 18 x 300W Conergy, 3 x Classic 150, 1 x Victron MultiPlus 24V / 5kW, 6 x Victron AGM 220Ah
b: 3 x 150W, 1 x Brat, 4 x Deka AGM 105Ah
c: 84 x Munchen 300W, Lorentz PS21k2 Controller, Lorentz PS21k2 submersible pump

atop8918

Beat me to it!
Yeah, try resetting any routers or switches in between the classic and the Internets. The tubes may all be blocked.

jimbo

Everything was reset today as when i work on the midnite i have to turn power off to the inverter.

atop8918

In that case I'd revert to the old firmware and go back to the old site. I'll dig back through the firmware to see if I can find the issue.

Thanks,
-Andrew

jimbo

Ok i'm heading back to the house this weeks so will change back to an older software.  Which is the last one i should be updating to?  Anything else i need to do?

jimbo

I loaded 1933 back on and still nothing!

The tenants had to reset their modem a week ago. Could that have possibly changed something?  Local status worked perfectly straight up.

jimbo

Anything??  Been 4 months since online monitoring has worked for me.

ClassicCrazy

I think you should try starting over and reload the newest firmware and network stuff and put in the address for  the new alpha site again.

Maybe going through all those steps again will correct whatever was not working. You know what they say - if at first you do not succeed - try try again !

I know it is a pain but that is what I would try doing. It has been working perfectly for me all along , and for a friends system that I set up for them.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

jimbo

Might have to!  This will be the 3rd time though.

ClassicCrazy

That is a bummer . What router are you using ?

I just looked back at some of your past posts. Seems like you did everything right .
When you install the newest firmware , connect up with Local Status App or on the MNGP and make sure it says it has new version. Take note of the network version too. Then try updating the network alpha version and see if that changes. 

Also remember to save parameters with Local Status App first so you don't have to enter them all again after the update.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable