Connecting to My Midnite

Started by ddxv, January 31, 2014, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddxv

I am having trouble connecting my Classic 250 to MyMidnite.  I have the Local App working properly but am having trouble following the Advanced Troubleshooting in the FAQ.

I have followed the Manual's setup and the farthest I have gotten is following the below 'Advanced Troubleshooting' found in the FAQ, so far there has been no communication between Classic and My Midnite.
QuoteClassic
Set the Network type to STATIC. This can be done on the MNGP->NET menu or the Local Applications Config->Tech menu
Make sure that the D2/DO/DNS Override value is set to 0.0.0.0
If the D2/DO/DNS Override is set to 0.0.0.0 and the unit still isn't dialing in then change* it to 98.129.247.45

The FAQ states that high pings may be to blame.  My ping is around 700ms (satellite internet), is there any work around for this type of problem? Or perhaps I am missing something else. Feel free to ask me questions.

Halfcrazy

So did you get it all registered on My MidNite and it shows no new data in 2 weeks?

If so what firmware revision are you running?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: ddxv on January 31, 2014, 08:58:36 PM
My ping is around 700ms (satellite internet), is there any work around for this type of problem? Or perhaps I am missing something else. Feel free to ask me questions.

ddxv;

I have satellite internet here, too. My pings can be worse than 700 ms and mymidnite  works pretty well here.

Satellite internet kind of sucks but for some of us it is the only option beyond dial up on a hard line.

Good luck with it.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

ddxv

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 01, 2014, 06:34:34 AM
So did you get it all registered on My MidNite and it shows no new data in 2 weeks?

If so what firmware revision are you running?

Yes, with the help of Ryan I did get register my Classic on MyMidnite.

Classic Rev: 1609
Network Rev: 1597

ddxv

To be clear, I registered my classic but the Classic still hasn't made a connection to MyMidnite.

atop8918

Hi,
ave you tried all the steps outlined on the advanced troubleshooting section of the FAQ?

http://mymidnite.com/?q=node/17

The DNS Override seems to be the major obstruction for most users.
Also be sure that you have enabled "WEB ACCESS" either through the MNGP or the Local App.

When you change any of the network settings, be sure to REMOVE POWER from the Classic by flipping the PV and Battery Breakers so that the unit reboots. It can take up to 20 minutes for data to start getting through to the server.

Thanks,
-Andrew

ddxv

Quote from: atop8918 on February 05, 2014, 03:33:07 AM
When you change any of the network settings, be sure to REMOVE POWER from the Classic by flipping the PV and Battery Breakers so that the unit reboots. It can take up to 20 minutes for data to start getting through to the server.

Thanks for your reply Andrew, it was indeed that I was making changes without resetting the power!  It does only show the most recent ten minutes or so of data, will it eventually upload the rest of the stored data?

atop8918

Hey, glad to hear it worked! It is a bit of a kerfuffle to have to reboot the unit, but unfortunately that's the way. Also unfortunate is that we don't upload the stored data to the website at the moment. We may be able to squeeze something like this is later, but not at the moment, unfortunately.

Thanks,
-Andrew