classic stopped reporting to mymidnite

Started by cybermaus, April 20, 2014, 10:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybermaus

Not an urgent incident report, but the Classic 200 stopped reporting to MyMidnite a few days ago.

I noticed it, but I decided to see if it would solve itself overnight. And next day I waited one more morning, because I did not want to loose the KWh count.

While this happened, the local app stayed up and running. So it was not the TCP stack that jammed. After a reboot, it worked again, as you can see on the attached screen shot.

atop8918

I think this is just another symptom of the crappy networking behavior. I've made some fixes to the stack -- found a few glaring bugs or better stated: omissions. We've got some folks beta testing the new network module in the field so we'll see if there is any more reliability from the changes soon.

I ran the new code in a lab environment for a week alternating between local app, a timeout simulator, and a connect-read-disconnect app based on the jamod Java modbus library; additionally mymidnite was enabled, advertise functionality was running, and I was pinging the unit continuously with full-sized ICMP packets. I didn't see any problems during that time -- again this was in a lab environment although my Internet connection is pretty bad.

Halfcrazy

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 21, 2014, 05:48:20 AM
The new Beta code is up on the website under "Software"

http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=9&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit

Looks like this has been taken down??

Can we go back to posting Beta Firmware Links and associated discussion in the Classic and Classic Lite Beta Firmware child board for Classics.

http://midniteforum.com/index.php?board=29.0

Trying to find these and the associated comments all over the forums is hard to do.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA