local app install problem adobe air

Started by eric, August 22, 2014, 12:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

hi - when installing the local app Adobe air gives the following message
The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

I've tried updating Air, downloading the local app from the website to my desktop, then installing, and also trying to install app from my disk that came with the Classic. Windows 7
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eric

Resthome

Quote from: eric on August 22, 2014, 12:43:44 PM
hi - when installing the local app Adobe air gives the following message
The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

I've tried updating Air, downloading the local app from the website to my desktop, then installing, and also trying to install app from my disk that came with the Classic. Windows 7
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eric

Make sure the install file has the extension  ".AIR" .  A lot of time it comes down with the extension of ".exe".  Just rename the extension to ".AIR
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

eric

no that's not the problem....thanks though. I also tried changing my system clock to a past time and then synced to current time which was suggested on another forum, but without luck

eric

fixed it - I changed the install folder to my desktop, then it installed fine. Might have been some kind of permissions thing, not really sure.

john

>:( i re did my p c back like new and lost my local app and wen i went to put a new local app in it wont let me and i try the new  local app today and it did not work

Resthome

Quote from: john on December 23, 2014, 01:44:21 AM
>:( i re did my p c back like new and lost my local app and wen i went to put a new local app in it wont let me and i try the new  local app today and it did not work

Did you install Adobe Air first??
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA