Wind learning curve working?

Started by Volvo Farmer, September 29, 2012, 11:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volvo Farmer

Just curious if this feature was enabled yet.

Thanks

boB

Not yet.  We have another thing or two to do first.

It's coming though !  Was just talking/thinking about this today actually.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Volvo Farmer

Thanks for the quick reply.

It will be interesting to see how my guess at a good curve compares with what the learning function comes up with.

keyturbocars

Hi Guys,

I was just thinking about this today and jumped online and found this.  That's good to hear that it's getting close!  Like Volvo Farmer, I'm curious what the wind learning will come up with compared to what I have programmed in there right now. 

My Classic 150 and HY-2000 wind turbine continue to work great together.  They are a great match.  Summer is not as windy as other seasons and I'm busy playing farming outside, so I don't think as much about my wind turbine.  I guess it's the case that no news is good news... if everything is working right, then our minds can focus on other things.  That's a good thing (when things work reliably).  Anyway, there's a cold front rolling through starting tonight and it's supposed to get breezy.  That's what got me thinking about the wind turbine again.   

boB, Will the wind learning mode leave other settings (like AUX1 & AUX2) as is?  Will we be able to easily switch between our saved wind curves and wind learning mode (in case we want to go back to our original saved wind curves)?

Be fun to see how wind learning works.

Edward

Westbranch

Hi Ed, if you get even a portion of what we got out of that front, hang onto your hat. 
It was generating water spouts at our cabin this morning! winds never less than 20 mph gusts to 50

Eric
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

keyturbocars

Hi Eric,

Sounds like a good one!  Since I have a good wind turbine that can handle it, I like stronger winds (as long as nothing gets torn up around my property).  We've had some whopper wind storms where I had a lot of work fixing things around the farm and on the house (roof). 

Too much of a good thing is not so good!  :)

Edward

boB

October is definitely here !   Got some wind tonight.  Feels like
October now.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me