Classic 150 EQ Issue

Started by ForeverHomestead, February 08, 2024, 06:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverHomestead

I am having an issue with my classic 150s. When I try and do an EQ I have the generator on and in Eq as well as set my Classic's to EQ. After only 30 sec to admin the classics exit EQ mode. I have tried turning follow me off and they all still do the same thing?

Why will they not stay in EQ?

boB

What happens after 30 seconds ?  Does the Classic go to Float or Absorb ?

what is EQ time set for ?

Do you ever see EQ MPPT on the status screen ?

As far as Follow Me, try unplugging the cable between Classics and try each one to see if it is one or the other.

I don't think we have an actual "OFF"  for Follow-Me, do we ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: ForeverHomestead on February 08, 2024, 06:35:43 AMI am having an issue with my classic 150s. When I try and do an EQ I have the generator on and in Eq as well as set my Classic's to EQ. After only 30 sec to admin the classics exit EQ mode. I have tried turning follow me off and they all still do the same thing?

Why will they not stay in EQ?
The generator goes to an inverter right ?
Is that what you have in Equalize ? What are the setpoints on it and what are they set in the Classic ?
Also what kind of batteries ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ForeverHomestead

Quote from: boB on February 08, 2024, 09:57:26 AMWhat happens after 30 seconds ?  Does the Classic go to Float or Absorb ?

what is EQ time set for ?

Do you ever see EQ MPPT on the status screen ?

As far as Follow Me, try unplugging the cable between Classics and try each one to see if it is one or the other.

I don't think we have an actual "OFF"  for Follow-Me, do we ?

boB

It goes back to float or whatever state it was in

When turned on it says Eq Mppt

It is set for 5 hour Eq

By turn off follow me, I mean set to default and not as slave.

Both generator and CC go to outback inverter.

The mare 3 EQ voltage is set to 60 volts and the CC is set to 60.4

The batteries are rolls. 2 volt. 1100 ish. Ah. Model has changed. Can't remember the model

ClassicCrazy

Your Outback will be charging from the generator . Do you have the equalize  time set in that for 5 hours ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

What did you mean here ?

"The mare 3 EQ voltage is set to 60 volts and the CC is set to 60.4"

You can temporarily change the Absorb voltage to 60.4  and just do a bulk if needed.

Maybe you could take a short video of starting the EQ and then switch to the main status screen for a minute ?

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ForeverHomestead

Quote from: boB on February 09, 2024, 08:35:51 PMWhat did you mean here ?

"The mare 3 EQ voltage is set to 60 volts and the CC is set to 60.4"

You can temporarily change the Absorb voltage to 60.4  and just do a bulk if needed.

Maybe you could take a short video of starting the EQ and then switch to the main status screen for a minute ?

boB

Sorry autocorrect got me. Mean to say the Mate 3 EQ is set to 60.

I will try to temp change the absorb and see what happens

boB

OK, so one thing that can happen is if an external charging source like an OutBack inverter or charge controller is set to a voltage close to the Classic's and the Classic thinks the battery voltage is already at or above the charge (EQ) set point, the Classic will turn off.

Try turning off your OB charge device and see if the Classic goes further into the EQ stage.

You can have the Classic MNGP display a Reason For Resting number (RFR).  From the main status screen, hold down the LEFT ARROW key and then tap the ENTER button.  A screen should show up and a number at the very top middle will show the RFR.   I am thinking that RFR number may be the one that shows that the battery voltage is above the set point voltage.

Even though the Mate was adjusted to slightly below the Classic's EQ voltage, battery temperature compensation and slight differences in battery voltage readings may allow this to happen.

boB

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me