Northern Baja, Mexico self install

Started by rplarry, March 02, 2013, 11:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rplarry

My off grid home in northern Baja, Mexico. On the sea of Cortez. 12x190 evergreens,  on homemade trackers.
Off grid, 12-190watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-2812 stacked Outback inverters, 6-2v enersys 125-33 2000 amp hour AGM batteries, FM 80 and MX 60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback balancing transformer, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.

dRdoS7

Hi,

I guess you have no problems with trees shading your panels then? ;D

I'd love to have room to put in a tracker system, my garden is full of shrubs. Ground level would be shaded by my neighbour's house in winter

You look close to the water. A good beach near by?

dRdoS7.

PS. I made a mod to your trackers:

rplarry

Trees are not a big problem here. The cactus are really slow growing. Probably won't be a problem in my lifetime. :)
The trackers are a fun project but with panels being so cheap now it doesn't make sense to put the money into a tracker when you could just buy more panels.
The house is right on the beach with some pretty good surf fishing right in front of the house.
My panels look happy the way you show them, thanks.
Larry
Off grid, 12-190watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-2812 stacked Outback inverters, 6-2v enersys 125-33 2000 amp hour AGM batteries, FM 80 and MX 60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback balancing transformer, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.