Finding Firmware version number

Started by David, July 15, 2012, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

My classic came with firmware version from 11/2011 and I was able to easily find  this by going to the Misc->MNGP->Version screen on the classic display.  When I updated to the 6/29/2012 version I could not figure out where it was.  By trial and error I found it by pressing the Status button 4 times.  I thought I'd pass that along since it wasn't obvious to me where it was. 

boB

Quote from: David on July 15, 2012, 06:59:38 PM
My classic came with firmware version from 11/2011 and I was able to easily find  this by going to the Misc->MNGP->Version screen on the classic display.  When I updated to the 6/29/2012 version I could not figure out where it was.  By trial and error I found it by pressing the Status button 4 times.  I thought I'd pass that along since it wasn't obvious to me where it was.

11/2011  "should" have been accessible from the status screen by doing as you just described.   The early Classics, (earlier than 11/2011) were accessible by pressing the right arrow instead of the status button.

This is how it will stay for the foreseeable future though...   Pressing the status button multiple times that is...

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me