erasing non connected ip entries

Started by dgd, April 16, 2013, 10:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

A while ago I had a Lite on default IP address 192.168.1.223   I changed it to 107.  Now both IP addresses appear in local app on the minimised screen. The old 223 appears immediately every time I start the app, the 107 after a few  seconds.
I have tried setting 223 in the config screen and then removing it. It then disappears from the minimised display.
Until next time I restart the app and it appears again.
Is there a tmp file stored somewhere by the app which gets read on each start, and this has the 223 in it?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

offgridQLD

Same...I have a old local network address on my app at start up that isn't in use any more and I cant delete it no matter what I try.

I think it might have something to do with deleting it from a registry, there was instructions how in another post although I couldn't even find the folders on my hard drive to delete them.

Along with the program not working remotely now after months of working fine over the net. I gave up trying to get it to work last weekend. Shame as I cant monitor the system Monday - Friday now.Only local network monitoring now on the weekends.

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

atop8918

Hi, guys,
I'm afraid there is no easy way to just delete old systems although there obviously should be. The app _should_ be deleting entries that never connect but it looks like it isn't.

One thing to try would be to disconnect your computer from the network (unplug any network cable and turn off your wifi modem) and then boot the app. Wait for everyone to say "Device not available" and then close the app. Restart the app, again with no network connections, and it _should_ come up blank.

Now you can re-enable all the network connections and you should be okay. If that doesn't help, I'll try to add some manual overrides to the app to help in cleaning the interface up.

Thanks,
-A

atop8918

Actually it just occurred to me that you can probably delete the settings file and that would do the trick, although you would lose any static entries that you have assigned. Best thing to do would be to just rename the file and restart the app -- it should generate a new one with no cached classics.

The settings file can be found (in windows 7) at:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store\settings.ini

OS X should be in:
/Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel/Local Store/settings.ini

Linux users will have to find the Application Storage directory path for their particular flavor of *nix.

I'd rename it to settings.ini.OLD or something like that just in case you need it again.

dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

offgridQLD

QuoteThe settings file can be found (in windows 7) at:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store\settings.ini

If I go to my C drive I can find the folder named ( Users) and then the folder that is my (user name)  but then the trail ends I don't have the AppData folder. Even doing a search for the other folders shows nothing....Strange.

kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

Halfcrazy

You most likely will have to tell windows its ok to see these folders. Starting in 7 they made a lot of "Hidden File and Folders" You should be able to do a quick search and figure out ho to show hidden folders

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Kurt, 
on w7 its a hidden directory,  get to users\username then although you can't see AppData just type it after username\AppData and the directory will show

Dgd

offgridQLD

toothy

I may have found another way to get rid of unwanted ip's.

I clicked, application, configuration,  then added the unwanted ip's I wanted to get rid of then clicked remove.

One computer did it first try the other needed several try's in different orders. The one I had to un-check auto detect then remove then re-check auto detect.

Hope I'm on the correct problem, sometimes you guy's speak a language thats above me.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

dgd

Wade,
That does indeed work and cleans up the display.
But, if the local app is restarted then the removed lines can reappear and you have to go through the removing process again.. and again etc..  >:(
The only solution seems to be removing the hidden file

Dgd

toothy

dgd,

It's been a couple of weeks on the desktop with no reappearances. The laptop was more uncooperative in the getting rid of dept,  but I only did that this morning. I just went and restarted the laptop and the local app several times and the 2 ghosts are being good still.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

dgd

My ghosts were more persistent and haunted the local app for months. Once the ini file was exorcised they disappeared for good.
Dgd

toothy

I have absolutly no idea what I'm doing, so I push different buttons in different orders until this machine gives up or outright quits.
Like I said the desktop knew it had met it's match on the first go round, but the laptop required lots more button pushing and some verbal threats of being taken out side for a lesson.

Ini file, that must be some weird belly button grooming tool!

Wade