Classic 150 Aux for low voltage disconnect

Started by mohbbb1985, June 22, 2018, 12:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohbbb1985

Hello All,

I have a Midnite classic 150 that charges 24v battery bank. My goal is to use %50 of the battery charge to extend the battery life. I'm looking for a way to shutdown the inverter automatically when the battery voltage get to a certain voltage. The inverter that I have has a remote on/off switch.
Here is a link for the inverter:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Inverter-1500W-3000W-Pure-Sine-Wave-24V-to-110V-120V-LCD-Truck-Boat-RV/232504111235?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Can I use the Midnite AUX to turn the inverter on/off when the battery has a certain voltage ? if yes, how do I configure it ? If not, can you suggest another way to achieve that ?

Thanks !!!

ClassicCrazy

If you get the SOC set up well ( accurate) for your battery pack you can use SOC as a parameter to turn things on and off.
Guess you will have to experiment with the your inverter but if it has remote switch should be no problem for the AUX to switch it. I guess the true test will be to make sure that inverter switch works well when the inverter is under load and turns on okay with a bunch of loads on it. I would guess there are appropriate delays built in inverter to do that .
You will see lots of other Aux parameters to try too. If you look through some of the other posts on forums you will see them discussed in detail.
If you have a Whizbang on your system that takes up AUX 2 so you will only have AUX to use for controlling which should be no problem for your application.
I should mention that if you have lead acid batteries you may want to look again at the battery cycle life - taking them 50%  compared to taking them down only 20% ( 80 % full)  usually gives the longest lifespan.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Matrix

Would this b controlled by the inverters Low Voltage Cutoff?
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

mohbbb1985

Quote from: Matrix on June 22, 2018, 07:14:06 AM
Would this b controlled by the inverters Low Voltage Cutoff?

No. The inverter low voltage cutoff will have no use in my case.

mohbbb1985

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 22, 2018, 01:19:10 AM
If you get the SOC set up well ( accurate) for your battery pack you can use SOC as a parameter to turn things on and off.
Guess you will have to experiment with the your inverter but if it has remote switch should be no problem for the AUX to switch it. I guess the true test will be to make sure that inverter switch works well when the inverter is under load and turns on okay with a bunch of loads on it. I would guess there are appropriate delays built in inverter to do that .
You will see lots of other Aux parameters to try too. If you look through some of the other posts on forums you will see them discussed in detail.
If you have a Whizbang on your system that takes up AUX 2 so you will only have AUX to use for controlling which should be no problem for your application.
I should mention that if you have lead acid batteries you may want to look again at the battery cycle life - taking them 50%  compared to taking them down only 20% ( 80 % full)  usually gives the longest lifespan.

Larry

Thank you Larry. I'll try that and let you know the results.