Update Problems

Started by Buzz, November 01, 2011, 11:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I have a 250KS on a 840 AH battery bank and a string of 10, 19v homemade panels.   I am using a wireless laptop to update.

I get to the point where the updater instructs:  insert the USB and turn on the Controller.  I do that...

Then the dash on the screen blinks for a minute or two.  No status statements.

Then it all closes.

I have removed the Updater, downloaded it, and reinstalled it twice.

Halfcrazy

when you are ready to update the steps to follow are:
1 plug the usb cable into the Classic and PC
2 power the Classic off
3 open the Midnite updater GUI and click the Classic version in this Case 250ks
4 when prompted on the screen turn the power on to the Classic and the com 8 opened should come up. Let the updater run to 100% and the Black box will close automatically (This usually takes 10 minutes or so) When the box closes return to step 2 and install the MNGP
5 power the Classic off and back on. Check your settings to be certain nothing changed and you should be all set.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Buzz

Thanks for your help. 

Following your instructions, Step 4 sent me to New Hardware Installation.
One more set of steps.  That is to make sure the USB driver installed ok.  There were two drivers with the firmware and I guess one is corrupt.  So check by going to Computer Management then Device Manager.

If it's corrupt, there will be an exclamation mark under Comm/LPT

Also check in Device Manager to make sure the USB installed as Comm8.  After I uninstalled the corrupted driver, and installed the second, functional driver, it installed as Comm4.  I changed that under Properties.  There's an "Advanced" button under the second tab.

Then, step 4 went smoothly and everything uploaded.