Classic not keeping track of total production-update

Started by Tinman, November 02, 2011, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinman

For more than 2 days now, total kw is stuck at 7.3. Pic is attached that I just took. So far the Classic shows .2 kw of production yet the total hasn't changed. At first I though it might ad up after it goes to rest (sun down) but the total isn't hasn't changed.

The local app doesn't display the amps in any case, yet shows kw being harvested. Local app doesn't show daily or lifetime amp values.

Could be related to the remote battery so I'll check that later and post again. Does the local app get its data from the remote display or from the Classic itself? If it is the remote display that stores the data, it could be that battery which would also fix the time/date not holding after reboot.  Just a heads up.

Okay, additional pics of the info the Classic is reporting. As you can see, so far today (about 3 hrs 20 min into sun) there is about .6 kw of production yet the Classic total kw remains at 7.3. Not sure why.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Halfcrazy

Tin Man
The Total KWH clock does not update until the the Classic is done for the day. I think 2 hours after it goes to Resting the Classic updates this info and starts a new solar day.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Tinman

Quote from: Halfcrazy on November 02, 2011, 03:56:48 PM
Tin Man
The Total KWH clock does not update until the the Classic is done for the day. I think 2 hours after it goes to Resting the Classic updates this info and starts a new solar day.

Ryan

Right, two days ago it was 7.3, today it is still 7.3, on the controller. On the local app, there are no values at all for daily (amps) and isn't that supposed to be a running cumulative value for the current day? That is how the daily kw and float times read. No amp for totals either.

Is it possible that a reboot will interfere with those values being logged? If so, I'd report that as a bug since other values are displayed in real time on the daily side. On the totals side no amps reported at all but kw is, just static, stuck at 7.3.

I have another Classic 150 fresh in the box, maybe I'll swap this one out and see if there is a difference. Might take me until the weekend though.

Halfcrazy

TinMan
Sounds like there may be something interesting going on there? I would be curious can you get me the firmware versions. Click the status button a few times until you get to a screen with 2 dates I need those 2 dates and we can go from there.

Tinman

Quote from: Halfcrazy on November 02, 2011, 04:32:57 PM
TinMan
Sounds like there may be something interesting going on there? I would be curious can you get me the firmware versions. Click the status button a few times until you get to a screen with 2 dates I need those 2 dates and we can go from there.

09/23/2011

09/24/2011

Halfcrazy

Ok this sounds like either the battery or? Let me know what you find on the battery but this is the same one that is not detecting the Battery temp sensor. There may still be something more than a battery at play here boB will chime in as well but if the battery does not fix it give me a shout

Ryan
360.403.7207 Ext. 151

Tinman

I took the battery out of the remote monitor since I started pouring here, no sun. There was some residue on the bottom of the battery, maybe from the pull strip? Had a bugger of a time getting it off too. Looked as close as I could in the battery holder and couldn't see anything hanging on there. Battery back in and I turned on the Classic and reset date/time. I'll reboot the Classic tomorrow after the rain stops since I have to go outside to do that. Now I wish I had put a switch on the wall to power up/down the Classic so I could do that from inside. Hindsight is so clear. I'll get to that when I replace the #6 with #4. I'll keep the #6 in place for the flat panels that will feed into a Morningstar for an isolated single battery used for the cameras and outside stuff. The #4 wire should handle 2 - 3 panel series wired then combined.