MY MidNite "HELP PLEASE"

Started by Halfcrazy, April 04, 2013, 03:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Quote from: Lya72 on April 17, 2013, 04:05:43 PM
@Tom,

You weren't in this thread contributor's list so I was thinking that you weren't speaking of myMidnite.

Yann;

I must of missed the contributors list? I sent Ryan the info right after I saw the thread.

I tend to not chime in with "issues" because they may be related to my setup and not anything Midnite can "fix".

I have been seeing  some issues with using the RPi with the USB register dump stream. The Pi uses some shared bus and / or processing for USB, ethernet and SDHC so massaging the data from USB, processing with calls to the SDHC (I assume) and writing processed data to the USB and monitoring via TCP/IP (ethernet) produces some issues that can bog down  the Pi trying to keep up and toss erroneous data into logs. I think. Working on some less brute force methodology. Reading the register dump stream on USB seemed the easiest but I am rethinking my methods now. I am getting too old and cranky to learn new stuff like Modbus but I keep chipping away.

Plus, my ArchLinux install I was using to do it all has a corrupted SDHC card that will not boot. Not positive it is related to the shared bus & processing bit but I am leaning that way.

Have a lot going on just now from major RE system upgrades to Spring work on the farm so the logging has been bumped down on priorities.

More as I get there.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

unyalli

Quote from: TomW on April 17, 2013, 05:02:18 PM
Plus, my Arch Linux install I was using to do it all has a corrupted SDHC card that will not boot.
Tom
Tom I had SD car corruption issues with my 512 Pi (and so have many others) and seemed to have fixed it using ram disk. My take on the issue is the sd card is not meant to be a hard drive. They are for cameras and very light read write activity. All Debian based linux's grab half of the available memory at boot and create a ram disk in /dev/shm. When using Westyd's code to poll my sunsaver I did quite a bit of file manipulation to arrive at the end I wanted. When I moved all this to ram disk the corruption stopped. May help you may not.

- Jeff

Halfcrazy

Ok I have a couple URL's for everyone to look at.

Keep in mind neither of these pages Auto Refreshes

https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/15
This one shows the last 24 hours of call ins. It shows the last time each classic called in. Keep in mind the Device ID on the Local App may have a wrong digit or 2. If the Classic is not calling in I find it is usally 1 of 2 things (Assuming that Web Access is Enabled and the Classic has newer code)

1-The Classic needs to be rebooted. Try this and wait say 30 minutes
2-The info in the netwrok section is incorrect. Usually the DNS servers. If these values look wrong you can set it to DHCP and push and hold Enter till it says Data send and save and reboot it. The Classic should then get good info from the router and start calling in. If Static IP is needed simply switch it back to static and change the IP to the required one. The rest of the info stays the same.

https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/14
This one shows Classics that have Ever called in at the top and shows some columns of active data that is being saved on the server at the bottom of the page. It also has a live shot of my tower Camera.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

unyalli

I've trimmed unessential and edited but is this how they communicate with you?

A world wide broadcast on UDP port 4626?

Apr 14 14:41:02 LogDrop SRC=??.??.??.?? DST=255.255.255.255 PROTO=UDP SPT=1861 DPT=4626

- Jeff

Halfcrazy

No what you are seeing there is a Broadcast on the LAN only so the Local App can find the Classic. In basic speak the Classic sends out a packet every 5-10 seconds and the App watches for them

As far as talking to My Midnite the Classic does a DNS lookup on My Midnite. It works just like a Browser looking for a webpage

Ryan

TomW

Ryan;

FYI, my Solar Classics data is there!  ;D

Been pretty embarrassingly low lately on solar power harvesting.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Lya72

Hi,

Thanks for these screens.

Found my Classic on the first page :

E3295FCD   2013-04-18 03:22:16

On the second page, not found in the 25 detailled datas.

Question : what is the Time reference used ??

Not UTC.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

On the time I am not sure honestly? For me it is 1 hr behind me and I am EST.

On the second link I am not sure why some classics are not showing Data. It may be Andrew is monkeying with stuff. He is working pretty feverishly now and promises me the group here will have something to play with in less than a week. I think when we do I will start a new thread and make it a Sticky. Andrew will be involved as well and we will hit the ground running and between the group here we should be able to really get a lot of good ideas. Things like what and when to Email you etc.

Ryan

TomW

So, what determines when the Classic calls in?

Mine appears to try every 13 minutes or so. My hillbilly internet is less than reliable so that may be the reason it varies here.

Just curious.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

toothy

:)Both of mine have shown up after some button pushing! I'm always amazed when my messing about works.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

TomW

Any info on why different systems report in at different rates?

Mine is very random. Like this AM mine reported in at various intervals from 13 minutes to nearly an hour?

I see some systems with up to 14 instances of reporting and some with only 2 or 3. Mine only seems to get up to 7 maximum.

Just curious. I would prefer to see more data rather than less.

Is it a user setting or hard coded into something?

BTW, no reset on KWH data today, but it is early.

Thanks.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

They are supposed to try to call in once every 10-13 minutes. For now they take the last logging register in the Classic. In the future My Midnite will ask the classic for missing data. So if it only calls in once an hour it would get the other missing data.

As for why some call in with more regularity I can not say for certain. That was one of the reasons to get people setting there's up so we can see how different locations behave.

Ryan

TomW

Ryan;

I started using tcpdump logging traffic to / from mymidnite.com to see if it tries and fails or just doesn't try.

More info if / when I get it.

Tom

Edit..

Monitoring mymidnite.com was not effective at grabbing the traffic so I switched to just watching the Classic itself on the LAN.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lya72

On qnode15, I CAN see that my Classic (E3295FCD) call regularly, every 12-13 minutes, but on qnode14, sometimes, i can't see it or If i see it, there is just one data line from 3 or 5 hours before !!

So qnode15 and qnode14 don't share the same datas or is it a bdd request problem ??

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

offgridQLD

On the first page https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/15 I can see one classic with id B426 C482 My id reported by the local App is B427 C482 So could this be my classic? All numbers the same but 26 instead of 27.

As you said the local App reported id could be a number or two out?

EDIT, just answered my own question, My classic is showing B427 C482 on the classic its self :) just shows 26 on the local App big deal. Even though my classic was showing up on the test page with the old firmware .  I Just updated the classic to the latest firmware today to make sure I am on the same page as everyone with beta testing (update was easier than I was expecting)

looking forward to mymidnite . I like seeing others peoples system date even just pack voltage and Pv input watts give me a real indication of how others are doing around the world. Interesting to see what other peoples voltage drops to over night before being refreshed by the sun the following day :)

kurt

Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.