Feature Request: My Midnite No Connection Alert

Started by crunnells, May 15, 2014, 08:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crunnells

It would be great if, after 24 hours or so, My Midnite would email you to let you know that the Classic(s) is not uploading data. I don't log in to check every day, but I try to check every month and look at the historical data.

It would be really awesome if we could setup an alert when there's no communication between the Classic and MyMidnite, so that we can try to resolve the problem. Even better if we could set the alert manually (after 1 hour up to 24 hours) or something like that.

I'm a web developer, so I'd be happy to help you guys with some of this work if you'd let me. I know you guys are super busy and don't have time for improving this amazing free software. Let's talk!

TomW

Quote from: crunnells on May 15, 2014, 08:33:24 PM
It would be great if, after 24 hours or so, My Midnite would email you to let you know that the Classic(s) is not uploading data. I don't log in to check every day, but I try to check every month and look at the historical data.

It would be really awesome if we could setup an alert when there's no communication between the Classic and MyMidnite, so that we can try to resolve the problem. Even better if we could set the alert manually (after 1 hour up to 24 hours) or something like that.

I'm a web developer, so I'd be happy to help you guys with some of this work if you'd let me. I know you guys are super busy and don't have time for improving this amazing free software. Let's talk!

Yes, indeed. That would be a nice feature.

T
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Agreed I just pinged Andrew to see if he can add that feature. He says yes thats a good idea and will add it to the list. he is working on notifications, tabbed accounts for people with lots of systems and installer acounts
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

atop8918

Really good call on this -- I put it at the top of the alerts list. Still wrestling with som painful javascript at the moment.

crunnells

Nice, guys. Looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to an API (someday).