Load terminals and battery load mode

Started by citysnaps, July 29, 2014, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citysnaps

Hi...

I'm new to the forum and new to solar.

I'm considering a Kid controller for a small RV van conversion. Based on my loads and anticipated usage, I'm thinking about 200 AH of AGM battery and a panel in the 200-250 watt range. It's possible that may be increased some in the future.

Have a question about the Load terminals in the Kid controller, and battery Load Mode programming parameters - something that wasn't clear to me in the manual. Are the Load terminals used as a kind of auxiliary output for lighting that can be programmed? Somewhere I've seen reference to "lighting control." I'm assuming my 12v loads will be attached to battery-connected busbars through breakers.

Thanks...

Free Energy Freak

Quote from: citysnaps on July 29, 2014, 11:46:08 PMHave a question about the Load terminals in the Kid controller, and battery Load Mode programming parameters - something that wasn't clear to me in the manual. Are the Load terminals used as a kind of auxiliary output for lighting that can be programmed? Somewhere I've seen reference to "lighting control." I'm assuming my 12v loads will be attached to battery-connected busbars through breakers.

Yes. If you wish for the Kid to control your lighting, they must run through the controller, and be connected to the "load" terminals.
400 watts, MS ProStar 30m, 12vdc @ 240 AH - Internal lighting & 12v Shurflo pump at farm.
270 watts, Beta Kid, 12vdc @ 120AH - Back up internet, computer, during weekly power cuts.
100 watts, MS Sunlight 10a, 12vdc @ 50AH - Exterior LED perimeter lighting at farm.