Aux diversion voltages don't match output

Started by ebenbayer, March 01, 2020, 08:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebenbayer

Hi,

I've been using the diversion mode settings in various forms for a long time. (2 KWH hot water via SOC and smart things wifi plugs, 2KWH via PWM waste no hit, and 4.4 KWH via diversion hi /lo )

It seems that all the voltage diversions turn on far before there set point (e.g If set point is 49.1 hi they turn on at like 48.4)

I'm not using the temp sensors (li batteries) and I have disabled the t-comp settings.

Any ideas why the diversion voltages don't relate to those shown on the classic?
Thank you

Eben
Offgrid;
25KW solar array
MicroHydro @ 150 ft of head w/ adaptive water sensing.
2000 AH 48 V ( Tesla Model S Battery packs in 2s1p format)
240 Gal integrated DHW / pressurized thermal storage

boB

Are you using Aux 1 or Aux 2 ?

I am guessing that you are using Aux 2.  The issue with Aux 2 might be that it operates over a threshold of 1.0 volt minimum with 10  X  0.1 volt increments.   That will make it appear to be a little different than it should.   You may have to offset that voltage to make things match up better.

If you are using Aux 1 diversion, I'm not sure what might be going on since you have taken into account battery temperature.

I have to guess it is that Aux 2 PWM window.  Make sure it is at 1.0 volt and not 2, 3, 4 or 5V

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ebenbayer

Bob,

Thanks for responding!

I'm using AUX 1 actually-- which is why I find it so perplexing (on voltage, off voltage, 1 second hold)

I've got it dialed in right now but the offset is like .7 volts and doesn't relate to anything else on the unit

It works-- but I don't know why and wish I did

Eben
Offgrid;
25KW solar array

boB

Weird !

Is this 0.7 volts in reference to the voltage on the Classic's screen ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ebenbayer

yes-- the classic reads the right voltage (e.g agrees w/ 4 other classics on battery voltage to within .1 Volt) but it turns on .7 v earlier then the Aux menu would indicate.
Offgrid;
25KW solar array