My Midnite..when will it go live?

Started by phonetic, December 02, 2011, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonetic

I managed to connect my classic 150 to my 3G wirless router at my weekender, I can use the local midnite status panel, using dyndns, all works fantastic.
couple of questions..how much data is used by the monitoring app ? will there be a web access app for when im at work our cororate firewall dont allow apps and use of ports, allowed http and port 80 only?
Regards
Frank
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.

Halfcrazy

Frank
My MidNite will be a web based app and should not require any ports to be opened on the computer side of things. You would be able to just log on to a website like you would this forum. I understand that is real close but I will ask Andrew to jump in and give us a status report.

I will also ask Andrew about the amount of data the App uses.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Ok chatted with Andrew. There is no official release date on My MidNite Andrew is eyeball deap in a few projects. The Local app if connected to the Classic 24/7 for a month should use about 663MB of data. This is being trimmed as Andrew finds ways to trim it and there will likely be a "Low Data" check box in the future for people on limited data plans.

Ryan

rosebudd

On launch day, there likely will be a few hundred of us go online...well the first few days..<g>

You guys are going in the right direction.

thanks

steve
MS Classic 150, ~1.6kw pv, 500 ah , OB3524, ListerSL1/3kwgenAC .....so far
"retirement projects"

laszlo

I counted  6 files per day, each 330K in size for the local app.  This is not in the ballpark with the 663Megs that Halfcrazy  is posting.  So my local app is using about 40Mb per month for the data.

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 10, 2012, 04:46:45 PM
Ok chatted with Andrew. There is no official release date on My MidNite Andrew is eyeball deap in a few projects. The Local app if connected to the Classic 24/7 for a month should use about 663MB of data. This is being trimmed as Andrew finds ways to trim it and there will likely be a "Low Data" check box in the future for people on limited data plans.

Ryan
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Halfcrazy

Well the way the local app should work is if it is connected 24-7 to the Classic is it polls once every 2 seconds so the amount of data that it transmits every 2 seconds would then be multiplied by 30 for a minutes worth than 60 for an hours worth so on for the month.

Ryan

laszlo

This begs the question -- what is the amount of data that is getting logged evert two seconds? Can you ask Andrew? Thx!

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 14, 2012, 08:46:04 AM
Well the way the local app should work is if it is connected 24-7 to the Classic is it polls once every 2 seconds so the amount of data that it transmits every 2 seconds would then be multiplied by 30 for a minutes worth than 60 for an hours worth so on for the month.

Ryan
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Tinman

Quote from: laszlo on January 14, 2012, 01:29:44 AM
I counted  6 files per day, each 330K in size for the local app.  This is not in the ballpark with the 663Megs that Halfcrazy  is posting.  So my local app is using about 40Mb per month for the data.

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 10, 2012, 04:46:45 PM

Ryan

Better check to make sure your local app is actually connected all day. Since day one, my local app hasn't managed to stay connected for more than an hour or so without freezing.  I too was under the impression that the logs were very large but since I've yet to have the local app run all day without freezing up there is no way I can measure how much data is actually being stored.

Since more than a month I haven't even bothered with the local app :-X

Halfcrazy

Tinman

Does restarting the App reconnect it or do you have to reboot the Classic? I am running the latest Firmware here and the newest Local App and I have had 4 Classics logging for 2 months since your problem popped up. I am unable to re create it now. In the beginning I had 2 Classics that needed a frequent re boot but Andrew has fixed that it seems.

I am not the best at networking etc but if you give me an exact (as detailed as possible) description of how the Classic is connected to the PC I will obtain the stuff and recreate your install. I will also need the Firmware dates for the Classic and MNGP as well as the version of the Local App you are running.

Ryan

PS I am going to start a new thread on this subject and ask anyone with similar issues to post as much info as possible on there setup in that thread.

MikeJ

Anybody know when the online monitoring is going to be up..When I go to signup it say it is bata still ?

Thanks
Mike

MikeJ

This is the error I get

"The values you have entered are not a valid MAC/Device ID combination
Please note that we are in BETA so at the moment only approved BETA testers will be able to register.
Thanks for your patience!"

Any help ??
Mike

Halfcrazy

Yeah Andrew is still feverishly working behind the scenes to get My MidNite going. He had been focusing a lot on the Local App which runs on the PC. Hopefully he will chime in here with an update.

Ryan

MikeJ

crunnells

Any chance of pushing My Midnight to be open source so that other devs (such as myself) in the community can contribute to the project? It might speed things up a little bit :)

-Chris

boB

Quote from: crunnells on October 04, 2012, 05:48:01 PM
Any chance of pushing My Midnight to be open source so that other devs (such as myself) in the community can contribute to the project? It might speed things up a little bit :)

-Chris

Hi Chris...

The problem with making My Midnite itself open is that it is already pricey to have there already just for Classics.
Now, there are some other open servers for this kind of stuff that you and others (and us) might be interested
in...  For instance,  pvoutput.org    (Check out    http://pvoutput.org/outputs.jsp  )

and also  https://cosm.com/  (https://cosm.com/feeds/75889)  like Stephendv uses...

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me