Mymidnite doesn't see my Classic

Started by SolarMusher, August 04, 2013, 07:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Are you using the latest firmware on the Classic? Also realize that after enabling Web Access it can take a while before My Midnite actually displays the data

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

jimbo

Yes all latest firmware. Unit is only a few weeks old.

Is there anything else i need to set up?

Halfcrazy

Well when I say Latest firmware I should have clarified. REV 1401 it just started shipping in production late last week. 1401 had some software work in it for My MidNite. Can you confirm that is the version you are running?

As far as what needs to be done. Simply put the Classic needs the correct DNS server (Very important) and it needs "Web Access" Enabled. What I usully do is set mine to DHCP and let them get the info they need and then I switch them to Static and set the IP address I want.

Ryan

jimbo

On the info panel of the local app it says

Classic Rev: 1370
Network Rev: 1122

Web access is enabled and have it set to DHCP but that is all I have done.  Can't say i'm very computer savy when it comes to things like that.  Running windows 7

Halfcrazy

Ok so I would suggest going here http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=1&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit and updating the firmware on the Classic and MNGP and I think it will probably fix the issue.

Ryan

jimbo

Ok i will get onto that in the morning

Cheers

jimbo

Updated and now all working.

Thanks again

laszlo

So only FW  1401 works with mymidnite?  Doh,  I just spent a couple hours sniffing traffic and troubleshooting. Never saw any DNS queries from the CLassic.

For the mymidmote site developer -- the site dumped some php arrays and what looked like  hashed credentials when I registered on my Ipad. This may be just extra debugging but I'd thought I would mention it.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs