CLASSIC LITE AND MYMIDNITE WIN7 AND WIN XP

Started by GHOSTNH, August 09, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Hi, GHOSTNH,
Sorry for the delay. We will have a release in the next couple of days which incorporates a possible fix for the issue. Ryan will post the update under the firmware section of the  Classic Charge Controller thread as usual. If this latest does not solve the issue, then I will continue to work on trying to resolve the problem.

Again, sorry for the troubles.

GHOSTNH

Andrew/ryan updated firmware tonight  I see no change on mymidnite account
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

Halfcrazy

Ok I think I know what it is now. There seems to be an issue with some ISP's DNS lookup.

Try this on the PC on the same LAN:
Click the start icon and in the Run window type CMD.
When the CMD program shows click it to open it.
Now in the black window type this, nslookup www.mymidnite.com and post back the results.
Now in the same window type this, nslookup mymidnite.com and post back the results.

My theory is the second one will gather the right IP address for My Midnite.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

I use 8.8.8.8 as a nameserver (Google's Public DNS) and it is both faster and more reliable than my "ISP" nameserver.

It returns both addresses as same IP here. (98.129.247.45)

Just a thought.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Yeah we are finding some oddities. Time Warner returns www.mymidnite.com correct but hoses it without the www. We found a few out of the country today that are the other way around www hoses it. Andrew will get a fresh start in the AM and we will come up with a plan.

Coincidentally apparently 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 do not work in some other countries according to Andrew.

Ryan

RossW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 20, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
Yeah we are finding some oddities.

Speaking of "oddities"...

You have no reverse (PTR) record for 98.129.247.45.
Sure, it kinda works without it, but it's NOT RIGHT.

midnite.com has at times returned a plethora of A records likely to cause some problems...
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

atop8918

Yup that's the magic of "cloud" hosting. Billions of interlocking parts working perfectly in harmony, until they don't, then its a 50,000,000 piece jigsaw puzzle where all the pieces are the same shade of puke-green...

The lack of reverse entry is disturbing though. Maybe we'll have to switch name provider to get this sorted out properly. In the meantime I'll try to work on a band-aid for the shorter term.

RossW

Quote from: atop8918 on August 21, 2013, 03:09:42 AM
The lack of reverse entry is disturbing though. Maybe we'll have to switch name provider to get this sorted out properly.

Your DNS provider cannot control the PTR records unless it's their address space (or its yours and you delegate the IN-ADDR.ARPA to them - but if you have it, you're unlikely to be using someone else to do your DNS!)
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

GHOSTNH

the results

C:\Users\hp>Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\hp>nslookup www.mymidnite.com
Server:  cdns01.comcast.net
Address:  75.75.75.75

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.mymidnite.com
Address:  98.129.247.45

C:\Users\hp>nslookup mymidnite.com
Server:  cdns01.comcast.net
Address:  75.75.75.75

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    mymidnite.com
Address:  98.129.247.45

C:\Users\hp>
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

Halfcrazy

Ok should have some beta classic software soon that allows you to point the Classic directly to the servers IP address. Lets see if this helps.

Ryan

atop8918

Alright...I found another issue on the server -- several actually.

GHOSTNH, your data should now be coming through the pipe, I apologize for the delay. I finally found that one obscure little script was changing some users' Classic credentials which effectively does not let them log in. I've fixed the error and the script and hopefully repaired all the damage. That's what backups and backups of backups are good for.

We will also have another beta release for users who are experiencing the DNS issue where the mini Classic DNS engine is not getting the expected format of A records from some brands of routers and servers. This version will allow you to override the DNS algorithm and point directly at the server.

GHOSTNH

;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ANDREW ..We have a connection and data stream  Thanks!!!!  I was about to ask for a refund /return of the unit cus of the issue configuring and data logging particularly via web based..now I have to try mymidnite on the android and see if it works cuz I hate luging a laptop around in my travels .. looks like I only have two days of data I guess the older data is lost forever??
agin thanks to you ryan and tom for the inputs

atop8918

Hi, GhostNH,
I tested the site out on a few Android phones -- it should work fine though you won't be able to use the managment tab yet. iOS you're on your own.

Yes the older data is lost forever. We only store 2 weeks' worth of high-resolution data and then daily totals after that. There is an export facility you can use to backup the data for your own use. We will provide an email service to automate this in the future.

Halfcrazy

I use it all the time on my Samsung Galaxy S3 it works very well.

Ryan

GHOSTNH

up until 9/9 my midnite was working perfectly I had to shut down the array/ controller to clean up some wiring issues . when I did I changed from dhcp to static  ip and put the covers back on  . This is because I keep having to reboot cable modem and router which I then have to find the new ip of the classic lite and reconfigure the router and the local app. So for the last few days my midnite has not functioned ..I did update the app to lastest rev the lite firmware is still 1549  web is enabled . I have tried the dns2 setting of 98.129.247.45 mentioned in this and other threads to point directly to the server  my static ip is 198.162.1.223:502 and the gateway is 198.162.1.1.. ryan andy tom etc what am I doing wrong this time??