Where is my Classic Lite ?

Started by geri73, September 06, 2013, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geri73

Good Morning,

I registered my Classic lite on mymidnite. First, it sent data to it, then it stopped. So I updated to latest beta firmware but still no data on mymidnite.
Now I even can not see my classic,  neither in overview nor in management.
I have no unassigned devices and there is nothing in systems.
I also tried to add it new but it says it is already registered. What can I do ?

regards Gerald

TomW

Gerald;

I poked Andy on this he should get you squared away pretty quick.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

atop8918

Hi, Gerald,
Sorry for the issue -- I have restored the Classic to your account.

There are many reasons for not sending data. If you are using the latest Beta firmware you will have to ensure that the DNS 2 field (now DNS override) is set to 0.0.0.0.

You can verify this using the Local App. If it is set incorrectly then you will have to set the Lite to "Custom" mode and do the network configuration using the Local Application.

Please feel free to contact us further on this board or through the contact link at the bottom of your web page when logged into MyMidnite.

Thanks,
-A

geri73

Thank You for restoring my Classic.

I checked again my settings, everthing seems to be alright. My classic is set to custom mode, everything is configured over local app.
It is set to static ip, dns override is 0.0.0.0, web access is enabled.
I can reach the classic via local app, from the intra- and internet, without problems.

It just do not want to send data to mymidnite. It did for about 2 days with 1401 firmware then it stopped.
Any suggestions ?

greetings from Austria, Europe
Gerald

atop8918

Hi, Gerald!
Greetings from France, Europe!

The Classic may be having trouble with your DNS. We have seen this a few times which is what the DNS override is for. Try setting it (DNS override) to:

And then reboot the classic.

If that doesn't work then we'll have to try something more extreme.

Thanks!
-Andrew

geri73

Hi !

Thanks for Your answers. I tried dns override and now it seems to work ! :)
I hope this will last longer time.

greetings Gerald