Closer to Done

Started by Tons001, August 25, 2013, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tons001

Finally finished up the details this weekend and brought it online. Still need to save up for the OB GVFX3524 but I have a couple DC sources to power for now.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

Tons001

A few more pics
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

Tons001

And yes .... there is a tree that needs to be trimmed!  >:(

laszlo

Nice, clean work! I am wondering, what do you have in the network in the cabinet? Looks like network or  t hubs but hard to tell.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Tons001

Thanks!

Seven - Leviton Chopin volume controls (12vdc)
Three - 100 watt X 4 channel audio amps (12vdc)
Four - Meanwell DC voltage regulators (12vdc)
One - Netgear 16 port hub (12vdc)
Two - Ethernet patchbays
One - Uverse Internet thingy (120v)
Three - Apple Airport Express (120v)
One - RF booster (12vdc)

zoneblue

The purpose of is, what? Out of interest.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Tons001

Well ... let me start by saying I am not off grid.

When we added a second floor to our house, I added speakers to each bedroom, each bathroom, kitchen and the deck. This rack is basically the "brains"/power for this house sound system and the network. I am using the energy from my solar hobby to power it and the landscape lighting for now until I can afford the OB 3524 inverter. This house will never be off grid nor do I plan for it to be grid tie so total energy conservation is not really a must here. With that being said, the point of the hobby is to learn about solar because my wife and I would like to buy a small cabin at some point. I have no intentions of hooking said cabin to the grid which is when luxuries like house sound systems will come to end.... LOL

zoneblue

Are you using squeezebox or something like that?
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Tons001

iOS products with Airport Express to play music using AirPlay. There is also a mini mac running iTunes for a movie server for four Apple TVs. Redbox and Handbrake is good thing.

Tons001

Finally at a place that I can call this done ...... for now.

I took out the Trimetric and will sell on eBay because there is no need for it now that the WBjr is installed. I am looking forward to the update that averages it's data though. EA for my Sunxtenders is ridiculously low so the "jumpy" amps make it hard to exit to float. Everything is completely automated now so I don't have to worry about checking the battery voltage when the sun doesn't shine. Although it is a guilty pleasure to watch the data through the local app. 

I wanted a learning experience / hobby and this has proven to be a great one! This home will never be off grid but I hope to learn enough with this experiment that a small summer cottage in the future could be. Thanks for all the wonderful advice from the forum and the stellar customer service from Midnite Solar.

Happy Holidays and see you in 2014!

Marc