Off Grid cabin in Sweden

Started by Lars-Olof Holm, November 07, 2013, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars-Olof Holm

Location Sweden, Öland, Köpingsvik, (56°N  16°Ö). Number of PV = 21. 230W PVE x 21 = 4830W.
1 piece of Classic 150. Battery Hawker Waterless 775Ah/5h. 1 piece of MNSPD300 and 1 piece of MNSPD115.
I, am very satisfied with Classic the Components produced by MidNiteSolar. I am especially pleased with the firmvare update via PC. The Mymidniteis also a hit, because the installation is in my summerhouse, 500km from where I live permanently. Via Mymidnite I can see that the system is working.

toothy

Hello Lars

Greetings from Seward, Alaska 60N.

I agree the monitoring stuff is great and I'm only 40 meters from the gen shed, I may have a data addiction.

We've been off grid for about 4 years and the Midnite stuff has made a big improvement over the Outback units we started out with.

I can count the 21, 230W's what are the other smaller panel banks on the east end of the roof?

Enjoy
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Lars-Olof Holm

Hello Wade!
I, have not completed  the job yet!
but I was so pleased with the Classic, both the performance and the web interface, so I had to publish!

From the right of the roof:
1 flat solar collector to produce warm vater, 6,6, m2.
The other stuff is PV from my old 12V based system , PV 4x150W plus PV 6x55W. This is connected to a  Xantrex 60A regulator(PWM). I have had two of these but one is failing, probably because it,s struck by the Lightning.
Even the old system has been suprisingly stable, and produced energy, even in the Winter. But the last Winter, the snow covered the PV panels, for the firs time since 1999. I also have  an Air-X, 12V, but there is some problem with this equipment. i,ts not working normally for the moment, It,s maybe struck by the Lightning?

I have also  bought 4x260W(PVe) , and I am planning to mount these vertical, if my wife will give me authorization? If this solution will be approved, I will buy another Classic to handle these PV panels.

Best regards from Täby, Sweden and

Lars-Olof