Upgrade from Outback Mate2 to Mate3?

Started by TomW, June 30, 2013, 09:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Like the title says, trying to sort out the advantages of the Mate3 upgrade from the Mate2.

I am using 2 stacked FX2524 OB inverters for 240 VAC and currently have the Mate2 controlling them through a hub4.

My Mate is fine and the system runs fine. I am a monitoring junky so the idea of the http access ability of the Mate3 appeals to me.

At about $430 from NAWS I need more than "web monitoring" to justify the upgrade.

Any opinions, especially from experienced users appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

mtdoc

Tom,

I haven't used a Mate 3 but I am also a monitoring junky and I considered getting one.  After researching it  I decided is that my present setup using an old school Mate plus $50 Wattplot software running on a low power (11watt) $100 ebay netbook and using free VNC software is less expensive and more functional.  I can also run the local app on it and my weather station software.  I can access this from anywhere on the web, from my iphone, ipad etc.  Screenshot below:
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.