Possible 150 Refurb Sold as New??

Started by ShadowWolf180, May 20, 2021, 08:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowWolf180

So before I go running this up the flag pole with the Alt-E store, my fourth MS Classic 150 that I bought there seems to be... USED.  After getting everything set up thru the MNGP for networking etc, the Local App seems to be talking with the Classic just fine, and the Classic is uploading data to the MS Web Servers under my account.  But when I look at the MNGP, it says, "Got Comm ?" and really shows nothing being produced even tho the Local App does.

So here is where it gets WEIRDER.  Looking at the MS Local App (Old app built by MS I still have on several tablets), it shows the Classic already has 118 Kwh on its Lifetime Values.  And when I open the Classic under the Classic Monitor App (Third party app), the calendar shows all sorts of values, even tho I just got it today (May 20, 2021) and some values are there even tho it was in transit to my house on those days (like yesterday even tho it was in transit).

Do I have a bad Classic 150?  A bad MNGP?  A refurbished unit altogether?

FNG

Can you email me the serial# I will pull the records on this, I wonder if it went through burn in more than once. Ryan@midnitesolar.com

ShadowWolf180

Thank you so much, I'll get that to you.

As for the Got Comm part, found out this morning that's my fault... I had assigned the MNGP to a higher number to use Follow Me with the other three Classics... but... failed to connect the new Classic to the others.  DOH!!!  So the Got Comm error is resolved.

But yeah the extra Kwh already shown and the calendar logs has got me baffled.  I'll send you the Serial real quick. 

Thanks guys!!

boB

Yeah, I was going to say that sometimes Classics get burned in REAL good and so, will rack up a LOT of kW-Hours if that is the case...

If so, be glad I suppose that your Classic has had such attention !

That means it shouldn't fail very soon at least  :) :)

The kW-Hour history  CAN be erased but takes a bit of doing...   Mainly looking up how to do it !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me