News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

KID Clipper

Started by dgd, December 05, 2013, 09:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

well thats nice to hear Bob because i am in a dire need of a turbine but cost /performance or both are my issues with products that are already on the martket
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

bennyspoon

any updates on the clipper chaps?
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

Robin

We have received two of the four metal parts for the Clipper, so I expect the other two will show up next week. We have circuit boards, but have not built them up yet. That will happen within a couple of weeks. Don't know if we have all the parts for the board. Of course there is that little issue regarding code. Mario is just chomping at the bit to start working on the turbine code. He has to finish a few other things on the solar clipper first.
We recently received 4 stators built around our custom plastic housing and bobbins. They all look good. These are the lower 500 watt versions. We also received our first shipment of blades, but they were all rejected back to the supplier. We expect the correct blades in a few weeks. Bob Q will be doing the redesign to make the turbine more powerful, but he has a couple other projects to get done first. I don't expect the turbine to make us any money for quite a long time so these other projects end up moving to the head of the class. The turbine is way more fun though so we aren't forgetting about it. I do expect to have a few turbines ready for real life testing in one month. We will keep one, Logan Bryce will get one, Ryan will get one and there is one still up for grabs.
Robin Gudgel

TomW

Robin;

I have just removed my 17 footer for repairs. I could fly one of them if it would help with real world testing.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Robin

Tom, We will keep that in mind. We really need good input.
Thanks,
Robin
Robin Gudgel

dgd

just wondering how the kid and kid clipper combination is progressing.
I have a 700watt UK made 24v DC output turbine that I would really like to interface to the KID and KClipper.
Any plans for a beta KID/Kid Clipper release?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Robin

No progress has been made on the KID Clipper or code for a Wind KID. We do have all parts in house for the KID Clipper though. Mario still has a few things to finish up on the Solar KID before jumping into the Wind/Hydro version. Should be soon though.
Yes, we can certainly have a beta program for the KID Clipper and Wind KID. Ask again in a month to see if we have started the project.
Robin Gudgel

bennyspoon

any exciting news on the kid/clipper combo yet?
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

Robin

We just built three KID Clippers, but Mario still has to finish some other aspects of the KID before he gets to play with the nice new shiny red Clippers.
Robin Gudgel

bennyspoon

hey that's great news robin. looking forward to hearing more and ready for a beta unit when they get finished!

bennyspoon

what's the status of the clipper robin, any further along yet?

bennyspoon

any development on the clipper front?

HopperDK

Hi Midnite

Seems I’m not alone in waiting for info on the Kid Clipper Progress,,, any news/timeframes will be very appreciated. :)

My Kid has been running on a small solar array, but I really bought it for the Wind/Hydro feature, my KID is waiting to be hooked up to my 2 smaller VAWT driven PMA's.  The KID Clipper should be a very easy build(few components), but the software might take some time to work out and get tested, my KID is not a Beta unit, throw I would like one?how ? I would like to get involved in some beta testing? How?

Since the KID not yet supports Wind/Hydro, I’m thinking that I properly just should get a Classic or a Tristar(Tristar mppt loaded whit beta Wind firmware) these also have all the nice remote logging and setup features,, but for now my wind turbines are controlled whit my own design buck/boost  charge controller’s and load/power diversions

Have a nice green alternative energy day.

regards
Henrik.

HopperDK

Any progress the KID Clipper and Wind firmware :( have been waiting almost 6 months now on the Wind/hydro feature for my KID.
The Wind is picking up here and the sun is low in Horizon. 

dgd

Quote from: Robin on January 24, 2014, 11:35:25 PM
Talk of a Big Kid is referring to a large controller that , like the KID. has no fan. The features will be more along the lines of the Classic though. We will have lots of good stuff here, especially communications.

Any more thoughts on this or clues about possible specs  :P  or actual progress?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand