New Product Section

Started by nigel, April 07, 2012, 05:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike90045

The mesh should be brass.  Steel will rust, plastics can be chewed through.  Or galvanized hardware cloth on outer layer, plastic mesh behind it.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

niel

i'm thinking maybe stainless steel.

nigel

The same mesh used on the knock out covers would be perfect !

boB

Yes, conductive mesh hopefully electrically connected to the chassis/casting to help even more with EMI.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

cpm

My .02:

"insect proofing" the classic is going to be an engineering challenge, and ultimately going to raise the end use pricing, which is always a sensitive subject. One /could/ in theory offer different versions at different price points, making the product line even more undecipherable, causing ordering mistakes and miscommunications, or leave it up to the integrator/owner to do final environment-proofing providing proper parameters for airflow/heatgain and keeping the existing, approved product as it is.

Bugs are pretty tenacious, and they love electronics, and they are well adapted to adapting to whatever scheme you developed to keep them out. I wonder how many equipment failures are directly related to bugs setting up housekeeping.

Halfcrazy

Quote from: cpm on July 05, 2012, 09:09:32 AM
Bugs are pretty tenacious, and they love electronics, and they are well adapted to adapting to whatever scheme you developed to keep them out. I wonder how many equipment failures are directly related to bugs setting up housekeeping.

A lot more than you may think..... I just lost a Mate on my outback system and you guessed it a dead spider shorted across something in there.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

cpm

Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 05, 2012, 09:46:12 AM
Quote from: cpm on July 05, 2012, 09:09:32 AM

A lot more than you may think..... I just lost a Mate on my outback system and you guessed it a dead spider shorted across something in there.

Yipes!

Are you going to try to repair it?

Halfcrazy

Nope. I had a new one laying here anyhow. Bugs do cause a lot of issues with electronics and have for some time. Conformal Coating does help a lot but still does not make them completely bug proof.

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

cpm

Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 05, 2012, 12:59:03 PM
Nope. I had a new one laying here anyhow. Bugs do cause a lot of issues with electronics and have for some time. Conformal Coating does help a lot but still does not make them completely bug proof.

Ummm, ,

So whatcha gonna do with the busted one?