Midnite classic with Sunny Island

Started by G005E, September 18, 2023, 09:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G005E

Greetings, I hope everyone has been well.
I'm still deep diving on how to best set up my off grid system.
As much as I want a Rosie and hawkes bay x2, my pocket book is putting up a good argument.

This has lead to a potential plan B but I'm struggling to find definitive reasoning if it will work

It appears midnite offers a comms adapter for the Sunny island 6048. Whether it's still produced may be another issue, nonetheless, there are also hundreds of DC solar trailers stuffed with a pair of sunny islands and 1 stripped down midnite 250

So my question is. In regards to lithium batteries and Sunny island. It appears the only reliable way for this is to utilize a REC BMS.
Okay, I'm fine with that (even at twice the cost vs a seplos or JK BMS) if it works. I've only been able to find information to support it functioning AC coupled with Sunny boys

Has anyone done it, or does anyone know? If I use 2x SI 6048, 2x midnite classic and 2x Rec BMS for 32-305ah prismatic cells will the system play nicely together?

Wizbandit

I have some Sunny Island 6KW here.  The MNS SICOMMBOX is no longer made, I do have one in my shop but SMA's firmware updates essentially broke it.  You don't need to use Lithium settings, I use VRLA and tweak them, they work just fine with server rack 48V Lithium EG4's.

G005E

Quote from: Wizbandit on September 20, 2023, 12:36:35 PMI have some Sunny Island 6KW here.  The MNS SICOMMBOX is no longer made, I do have one in my shop but SMA's firmware updates essentially broke it.  You don't need to use Lithium settings, I use VRLA and tweak them, they work just fine with server rack 48V Lithium EG4's.
Thanks for this reassurance. Helps put my plan at ease