New Solar Firmware 1811

Started by Mario, August 12, 2015, 06:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

Just got my 1740 Firmware updated . Nice & EZ in the drag & drop.
I now have the LCD display able to fall asleep & go off .Best fix for me ..
I was putting black tape over the screen to hide the glow.
Im hoping that I will see a small increase , but were in winter mode of the Liquid Sunshine !!!
That and the cart should be getting updated panels for next year.. Im physical size limited .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Highflyer

Mario or any other knowledgeable sage,

I finally got to update the firmware in my Kid that is running the aeration and LED lighting for the Tilapia.  Before the Kid was updates, the SOC was 65% with 150ish Ahrs remaining due to three days of cloud cover.  After the update, the Kid thought I had 99% and 228 Ahrs remaining. 

Any thoughts,  do I need to reset something else, or will the Kid figure this out?  How do I now tell the Kid the real state of charge for the batteries if needed ( I know how to set the Ahrs setting)?

Thanks for any advise.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Halfcrazy

You can not set the % but as soon as the kid goes to float it will recalibrate
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Highflyer

Ryan,

Thanks for the info, sounds great.  The Kid seems to be making more power with 1811 (getting to float sooner under similar conditions), I'll run my test Saturday and let you know.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Free Energy Freak

Have they sorted the issue regarding Windows? I am now running Windows 10 Pro, a direct upgrade from Windows 7 Pro.

Can I safely upgrade my Beta Kid using Windows 10, now?
400 watts, MS ProStar 30m, 12vdc @ 240 AH - Internal lighting & 12v Shurflo pump at farm.
270 watts, Beta Kid, 12vdc @ 120AH - Back up internet, computer, during weekly power cuts.
100 watts, MS Sunlight 10a, 12vdc @ 50AH - Exterior LED perimeter lighting at farm.

Halfcrazy

I am not aware of any issues updating a kid with windows 10? You do need to run the registry repair program first then reboot the computer but that is it.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

ClassicCrazy

So if you plug your Kid into the computer does it show up on there as a drive ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable