Im Thinking the KID needs to be returned for exchange !

Started by CDN-VT, February 21, 2016, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

New KID bought on Friday 19th /2016 & then a helicopter ride up to the mountain house in AK. Still in North America but on timed In & OUT . Sunday morning I hear that the gent I have been helping Via SAT phones & limited time .
After building up Midnite over all others , & knowing that the owner is limited to his resources who works by himself on a mountain top. I got the picture he sent & think it's more than just a missing screw , since I opened my spare & checked if the screw would just fall out or if could be exchanged from clipper socket .

On mine they are not just going to fall out , or xchange .Looking close at mine & chatting this afternoon to Mountain man in Alaska ,Helicopter back next month & I'm thinking it should just be swapped & sent back to Arlington for checking . On a quick request & a few SAT calls , if he inserts a pin in the wire slot he shouldn't see it thru the missing screw !

Are most here in agreement ? AK solar seller

His QC check sheet is all checks .

VT

Edit , add , since i got more info
Edit , AK is alaska , sorry not AL i got it mixed up
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

BobWhite

Quote VT
On mine they are not just going to fall out , or xchange .Looking close at mine & chatting this afternoon to Mountain man in Alaska ,Helicopter back next month & I'm thinking it should just be swapped & sent back to Arlington for checking . On a quick request & a few SAT calls , if he inserts a pin in the wire slot he shouldn't see it thru the missing screw !

VT
I did look into mine, the screw can be removed but not without intent as it is captured by two lobes as I see it. If you can see the pin inserted in the hole were the wire goes and see it threw the hole were the screw goes than you are correct, more is missing than just a screw and not a quick home repair.  :o  ???
Walt
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

Halfcrazy

So can he see the pin in the hole or is it just a missing screw? Please email me direct ryan@midnitesolar.com and I will get an RMA going and get you a new one out the door today
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

CDN-VT

Quote from: BobWhite on February 22, 2016, 02:11:41 AM

VT
I did look into mine, the screw can be removed but not without intent as it is captured by two lobes as I see it. If you can see the pin inserted in the hole were the wire goes and see it threw the hole were the screw goes than you are correct, more is missing than just a screw and not a quick home repair.  :o  ???
Walt

Thanks Walt , I did the same , just to make sure & with your backup try , I think we have it figured .
I'll get the gent to repackage it and get it back to his supplier .Thank you for your reply & checking also.

I also was just going to maybe rob one of my screws ,But then I noticed the clamping was also missing when I asked the gent to pass a bent pin into the wire slot.

It's hard enough not being there , but the time in and out off the mountain top is a month .Fact that with SAT phone & time sending  pictures of what next..
Planing of time & whats next is a challenge , plus weight till thaw .

VT

Ryan , I'm going to let the supplier  handle this one , he can rma it & supply a replacement on exchange . See heli-taxi's  waiting cost the same as fly time . I know the cost of flight of these fling wings. Get the supplier to toss in a BTS so it looks like Midnite  is all that I  Boast ..
He would of bought a shunt & WBjr , but no stock at his supplier in Alaska.

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

BobWhite

Thanks Walt , I did the same , just to make sure & with your backup try , I think we have it figured .
I'll get the gent to repackage it and get it back to his supplier .Thank you for your reply & checking also.

I also was just going to maybe rob one of my screws ,But then I noticed the clamping was also missing when I asked the gent to pass a bent pin into the wire slot.

It's hard enough not being there , but the time in and out off the mountain top is a month .Fact that with SAT phone & time sending  pictures of what next..
Planing of time & whats next is a challenge , plus weight till thaw .

VT

not a problem VT, any time I can help i try and actually understand the situation at hand there, I've done my time :) not always the easiest situations to be in ;D
walt
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono