Classic and Kid Firmware No Long on MN Web site

Started by Resthome, January 14, 2017, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on January 15, 2017, 05:51:42 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 15, 2017, 01:41:58 PM
Quote from: Resthome on January 15, 2017, 01:16:19 PM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 15, 2017, 08:05:26 AM
I am not finding any broken links, If you can post them here I can work on resolving them

Well the training videos all seem to be back and are working today. Go figure !!  Thanks Ryan.

John - what is the link to that video you were talking about for the Local Status App - the one that tells how to download and make graphs at 2 second intervals.
Not sure if that will work for me - I do leave Local Status app on all day but it often resets so not sure if it skips data when it does that.

Larry

Larry there are 5 videos on the LA that Ryan made. #2 talks about the Data. Look for them under the Classic heading in the link below.
http://www.midnitesolar.com/videoDisplay.php

To get the 2 sec resolution you have to check all items in the what to graph section and then EXPORT that. That gives you all the data in a Excel readable file (CSV). I then make my graphs in Excel. You can choose whatever you want to plot if you know Excel.

Those constant reset we all see normally reconnect pretty fast even though it has the disconnect message on the screen if it reconnects in the background it continues to collect the data.

Sounds like MN solution to the disconnect is to build some type of interface box that can talk to all MN products including the B17 and will have a built in Web Server that you can access with any browser no mater what OS you are running. I hope it will have the ability to dump the 2 sec resolution data as it give a good view of what is happening where the 5min and 15min resolution can miss a lot of data.

I guess you have to check the fields you want it to save every day ? Because today nothing in there when I exported csv and on review for reports none were checked.  Unless they erased when I did the firmware update. Will give it another try tomorrow or whenever the sun comes out again.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Should be saved on the PC. The LA saves it to a file on the PC that is not readable but it should be there. The date that has data will be highlighted. Select that date from the calendar.  Then check all of the parameters. It will only export what is checked. So I just check everything and then export.

Edited -  it saves all the data even if you don't have it checked. But have to check to export it.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 15, 2017, 08:04:34 AM
So we have new firmware BUT we also have a new document control employee and she has decided firmware needs to be a controlled item. This is good as she will make sure documentation matches the firmware. Unfortunately this process got started right after I uploaded new firmware so I was asked to take it down for a couple days while the paper work is done. I have attached both the classic update and kid file here

If anyone is doing the Kid update and has Windows 10 , make sure you do the Windows 10 registry fix first - it is on the Midnite website. I had done that to mine before but I had to do it again - had the problem with the Kid showing bad firmware and drive jumping in and out . So did the Windows 10 fix , restarted laptop, and then the Kid showed up as a drive and was able to drop the 1840 firmware in there and updated no problem.

Looks like the Battery Fahrenheit reading is still wacky though - shows 11 C which should be 51.8 F but reads out on the kid as 23 F .  The CPU and FET temps convert to F correctly though.

Larry 

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on January 15, 2017, 10:50:51 PM
Should be saved on the PC. The LA saves it to a file on the PC that is not readable but it should be there. The date that has data will be highlighted. Select that date from the calendar.  Then check all of the parameters. It will only export what is checked. So I just check everything and then export.

Edited -  it saves all the data even if you don't have it checked. But have to check to export it.

I will give that a try John.
thanks
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on January 15, 2017, 10:50:51 PM

yeah that worked ! I have it in excel now. I will watch the videos and  I will mess around with it tomorrow to figure out how to change time and make it graph. I sure wish I had taken an excel course sometime in the past . Guess I can find one online and try to stick at it one of these days !
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Larry,

See my #3 post in this thread on setting the time in excel for the export data. Andrew has an error in the formal for that cell that has never been fixed. Not a major issue because it can be fix if you realize it is there. Anyway read my post and it may help you get it set up correctly. Once you fix the first formula it has to be replicated to every line below or they will be off by one row all the way down. Replicating is a matter of clicking on the little + in the lower right of the correct cell and dragging it down the column until the last row is reach. It takes a while as there are a lot of rows with 2 sec of data for 8 hours. You will see the scroll bar moving.  Good luck !

http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=3137.msg29094#msg29094
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

Halfcrazy

Yes will do but basically in a nutshell:

1- Fixed an EQ bug where the MNGP would remember EQ started even though it was not in EQ and then any button pushes on the MNGP could start an EQ
2- Fixed an overflow in the MAC address display on the MNGP that caused it to show FF:FF for 2 values after we passed a certain serial #
3- Dropped the turbo fan voltage from 15.5v to 14v (This only works on the newer classics that have variable speed turbo fans)
4- Removed Remote temp as it was a useless temp and caused lots of calls
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 15, 2017, 12:34:14 PM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 15, 2017, 08:05:26 AM
I am not finding any broken links, If you can post them here I can work on resolving them
Still broken - here is a screenshot

Ah yes that is not so much broken as it was removed as I explained. That should be fixed today or tomorrow for the classic. The kid is getting Auto EQ added so it may be a few more days
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 16, 2017, 05:38:07 AM

1- Fixed an EQ bug where the MNGP would remember EQ started even though it was not in EQ and then any button pushes on the MNGP could start an EQ
2- Fixed an overflow in the MAC address display on the MNGP that caused it to show FF:FF for 2 values after we passed a certain serial #
3- Dropped the turbo fan voltage from 15.5v to 14v (This only works on the newer classics that have variable speed turbo fans)

Ah, #1  boB found mine and Vic's mystery EQ start. Way to go boB
John

Vic

Quote from: Resthome on January 16, 2017, 01:10:34 PM

Ah, #1  boB found mine and Vic's mystery EQ start. Way to go boB

INDEED!   Thanks boB and all the MidNite Crew !!  Will be time to Update the FW on Classics  here.

Thanks again,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

mike90045

What ser # did that start at ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Westbranch

Yes , I second Mike's question...  I get annoyed at the current fan making a lot of noise and this might be a preferable upgrade  to the single speed fan.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

CDN-VT

I Like the Fan NOISE !! , IM Making & it's going (Somewhere ?)
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels