Battery Setup

Started by tcva357, March 21, 2014, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcva357

I have yet to find a setting for battery,ie AGM's,Flooded,Gels.Is there one in there?

Thank's

TomW

357;

Actually, it has set points for charge parameters so you can customize to your specific battery using manufacturer specifications.

At least I never saw any option for AGM, Flooded, Sealed, etc.

I have been wrong before so no guarantee.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

There is no name for the battery type you are charging to pick from, but, instead, you program
in the voltage limits for the particular battery you are charging.

I would say that the defaults are pretty much for flooded lead acid batteries but AGMs and
Gels, etc, are very similar but can be different enough that picking AGM for an AGM battery,
or GEL for a GEL battery will not always match up with the battery manufacturer's specs.

You can always find some generic voltages to setup the parameters for specific battery types
and that will work a lot of times.

But, AGM and GEL batteries (VRLA) for instance have minimum and maximum temperature
compensated voltage limits they don't want you go to above or below, even if the batteries
get real cold or hot...  You can set those limits in the  CHARGE-T-Comp  menu.

Then, the Absorb and Float voltages in the VOLTS menu and the Absorb time in the TIME
menu.

Please let us know if you have operational questions past this and we'll be glad to answer them.

Thanks !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me